1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Walking with wounded

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nordic, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Just got back from a week in the carpathian mountains, Romania, on a leadership training course with a few ex-military guys who've formed this group. A fantastic experience and worth doing if you ever get the chance.

Top lads, I have to say, and total respect to them and all our boys and girls who have put their body on the line for us - past, present and future.

One lad has lost both legs and one arm but his life is better than it was when fully mobile - he wasn't lying either, you can see in his eyes he meant it. Puts an awful lot of stuff into perspective pre-holidays. Although Russia /Ukraine just stepped up a level. Fookin dodgy scenario right there.

2. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

Breathtaking scenery been there a couple of times - rather you than me though mate on a training course - I'd just go nowadays for the beer sunshine and maybe some wild mushrooms foraging

3. 13thtop

13thtop Active Member

Is that a personal trip or corporate, just done base camp Everest and am looking to keep challenging myself but done know what to do next

4. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

'corporate' trip. we have a management trip every year and this was the chosen spot. camping for 3 nights in the mountains. ****ting in the woods, literally. washing in mountain streams. work projects in the morning then fun team-building stuff in the afternoon - climbing, abseiling, caving, hiking. couldn't believe how warm the danube was for swimming when we reached the hotel on the last day. beautiful spot and decent hotel.

good fun. good for perspective. made a couple of new acquaintances. the lads were talking about base camp everest. the local romanian crew were also v good and they take private groups to these kind of spots around Romania. some stunning spots where we were, south of Timisoara