1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Was Barton right all along?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by TootingExcess, May 22, 2013.

1. powermac

powermac Member

every club has a thug .

2. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

we've totally missed barton on the pitch. trouble is he's an arsehole.

3. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

And the bigger the thug the more the **** refs give 50/50 decisions against them, making them a liability.

Some attitudes may be turning because Joeys honesty has been missed when compared to this seasons cryptic musings, and beacuse he's not decked anyone for nearly a year.

The open all r's podcast remarked about Paddy Kenny seeing Leslie Mark Hughes's parking space and quipped OBE - Out By Easter. He was right too.

4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Agreed, the last thing we need is boy wonder back.
    Yes, he can play with some backbone but we all know what else comes with this package. ..................... TROUBLE, ONGOING TROUBLE.
    We really do not need any more crap happening at our great club.
    What our club needs more than anything is a gastroscopy, so Tonz, book the doctors and give our club, one almighty clean out of all the shi-t and trouble, regroup and move forward.
    Nurse!

5. Kampala Hoop

Kampala Hoop Active Member

Barton acted up when he saw how terrible and unprofessional the club and the management were, they were decades behind in training methods and the whole place was a circus. His tweeting is mind numbing and he went about everything the wrong way with his public statements, but he probably told the board and us exactly what we needed to know.

He and SWP can be accused of starting the dressing room unrest and the cliques what have you, but they have both come from playing at Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea etc which are proper football clubs, its no wonder that when they saw the prehistoric set up of our club they were upset and I'm not surprised that his head went and the subsequent treatment of him by Hughes was disgusting, i dont blame him at all for talking cr*p about the club now.

The 12 game ban was ridiculous, if what he did is worse than racism or biting an opponent then someone needs help and its not Barton, it should have been 4 or 5 at MOST for a repeated red card offense. You cannot call him a liability because the FA want a scapegoat to flex their tiny manhoods over.

I watched the Newcastle v Arsenal (4-4) game last night and it reminded me what a good player Barton is, he was absolutely class in the 2nd half (along with Nolan who was and is a great player) and exactly what we have been missing this season. Compare him with a donkey like Mbia and you will find no comparison. I would rather have 1 Barton than 100 M'bias falling about the pitch.

I would take him back in a second, if Dirty Harry is indeed to stay with us then one positive i can see is that i think he will get the best out of Barton. He needs to feel wanted and loved and with Redknapp's oft-highlighted man management skills (seen NOTHING to suggest they exist) then it sounds like a match made in heaven. Im sure he will see the red mist again but a 40 odd game season is ahead of us and frankly id make him captain and tell him to get this squad into fighting shape and win us the title.

6. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Interesting opinion mate. personally I hate him, but what you say in the last para kind of makes sense.. but then again, I'm just holding out for any sign of hope !!

7. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

Barton is far from the answer to our prayers. We are all hurt by what has happened. That we all feel. It is going to take time and be a painful experience perhaps, but we need stability and a someone who will build a team. Baby and bathwater spring to my mind. I will give Harold time but see the sense in changing completely now too. Its a quandary. On balance, I'd him time.

8. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

I don't get this strand at all. Yes, he is an obnoxious thug but more to the point he was totally crap when he played for us. His contribution last season was not dissimilar to what Park's has been this - lots of running around in the middle of the park but no real influence on the game.

9. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

Agree...I lost count of the amount of passes that went straight to the opposition!

10. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

For me nothing is more to the point that he is an obnoxious thug. If he was as good as Messi I'd still not want him.

11. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

After what happened during the Man City game alone he should never pull on the hooped shirt again!

12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Exactly this.

13. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Didn't Joeys form dip when Hughes arrived, and didn't everyone else's dip when he left for OM.

?