1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"We all need to stand up and get behind the team again"

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Oregon Tiger, Mar 17, 2011.

1. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One thing is confusing me about this, why is not standing an issue for singing? I'm capable of singing and being noisy whilst I'm sat down.

2. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Why do you have to stand up! When you catch a bus do you go to a seat and stand up? When you go to a restaurant do you take a seat at a table then stand up and eat your meal?
    The seat is there to sit in - or hasn't anybody taught you that. You are just being an obnoxious "coont" who just wants to annoy people. Get a grip of yourself and loosen up a bit by respecting other people's views (forgive the pun). If you are fed up of 'miserable gits' telling you to sit down then I assume there are more 'miserable gits' at the match than there are obnoxious 'coonts' like you so why don't you stay away and let another miserable 'coont' take your seat.

3. westandtiger

westandtiger Member

Chillo

I am trying to find a polite way to express myself with regards to your posts here but I can't so shut up your ****ing moron.

Football is a family sport now and not for some pissed up twat to go and shout and scream (sing as its known), abuse the away fans and some of our own all in the name of supporting 'my' club.

There is and always will be a hard core of fans who sing and get the crowd going a little and long may it continue, but football has moved on a long way and sadly, corporate entertainment and or seating is a huge part of that and helps keep YOUR season ticket prices down.

Just because they don't stand up and sing for 90 minutes does not mean they don't support the team, nor does it make them any less a supporter.

Organisation of the seating arrangments is the biggest issue at the KC, those who wish to stand up all game and sing should be allowed to do so and in a designated area....South stand is a perfect place for this...sadly, this is too far away from the away supporters which then will lose the banter side of things...again which is part and parcel of the support.....other areas for seating etc should be there...it is now part and parcel of the support.

Get real man, enjoy the game as you see fit but dont slate those that will not conform to your way of supporting the team.

There are many at the KC who are lesser abled than yourself...should they be banned because they cannot get out of their wheelchairs.....I see a couple week in week out and they make more noise than most in the west stand....just becuase they can't stand up doesn't make them less of a supporter.

The KC is quiet, the west stand is quiet but the hard core east stand should do more to generate the atmosphere in my opinion...but then if the team are not doing much then they have nothing to actually shout and sing about.

I need to stop posting for a while....I am getting bloody grumpy in my old age reading some of the rubbish on here.

UTT

4. amberosia

amberosia Member

When you go ona bus do you get off before your stop? When you go to a restaurant do you leave before you have finished your meal? Lots of people leave before the end at the KC. Do you call them obnoxious coonts?
    Why don't you loosen up and respect other people's views?

Can I hazard a guess you didn't go to City when you could stand up and have only gone since we played in the KC. (Have a look at how many are stood up at other grounds. The grounds which have a better atmosphere than the morgue at the KC).

5. amberosia

amberosia Member

No wonder the KC has such a poor atmosphere with people like you in it.

Your point about the South Stand shows how clueless you are. Most grounds have the ends with the most vocal fans at the opposite end from away fans, though a few now have started sticking away fans in the corners where there is a worse view and they want home fans behind each goal. The clubs think vociferous fans behind each goal help the team but it wouldn;t at the KC where apparently we shouldn't sing (scream as you call it) or make a noise at all.
    Fans where the clubs have considered the crowd the 12th man haven't sat and waited for something to happen, they have created an atmosphere and the team have responded. That is why places like Anfield and Old Trafford were ones away teams didn't want to go. The same applies all over Europe.
    We must have the largest percentage of clueless fans than any other comparably sized club.

6. TJ

TJ Member

I swear some of the fans at the KC nowadays are made out of plastic. I shouldn't have felt embarrassed on Saturday standing up and chanting "Who are ya'" when we scored. Literally no-one around me was doing it too.

7. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

You should, because it's a ****ing lame chant. They were Norwich, check the scoreboard or your matchday programme. In this age of technology there's really no need to ask.

8. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You could hazard that guess. I can't think how you could be more wrong though.

9. jimbo093

jimbo093 Member

Well, whatever he is taking he should share it out with everyone else. WEST STAND, GIVE US A SONG!!

10. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Sorry Amberosia, you are miles out. I am 12,500 miles away from the KC Stadium since migrating to Oz in 1967. Before then I never missed a home game and stood behind the goal at the North Stand end (see picture) in the 60's but was a "Bunkers Die-hard" in the 40's and 50's. I have sadly never been to the KC but have 2 sons, 3 grandsons and 2 great grandsons who rarely miss a game there. My great joy was when we hit the EPL and I would eagerly watch as they would wave like crazy on the odd occasion the camera would point their way. Would you have gone and stood in Bunkers in the pouring rain, sometimes blizzard conditions with the wind howling round you? We never missed and were quite vocal in those days - "The Boothferry Roar"! In the 60's I travelled a lot and visited Liverpool (yes, I have stood in The Kop) and Sunderland (the old Roker Park ground) and the atmosphere was totally different as it is now in the modern age.
    please log in to view this image

11. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha. Some really lame replies on here. No wonder the KC is a morgue. I surrender. Do what you want you librarians!!!
    I dont want to annoy people (apart from those who wont get behind their team vocally.)
    I just want atmosphere. As does AP.
    The plastics have won, Welcome to silence.