1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

we are giving the tittle away.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by jambawamba, Feb 23, 2024.

1. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

I only played south western league standard! but what does Enzo see in Daka?

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

We certainly have the toughest run in but Southampton look to have made it a three-horse race and let's not forget we have a couple of lengths on the other two. I believe we are the best team in the division and will be fine.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  3. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

I know we lost on Friday, in frustrating manner, but we made Leeds look very ordinary. They were at home and are second, and on a run of victories. If we continue to play like we did we’ll be fine, we just need to take our chances.

FosseFilberto and BucksFox like this.
  4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I don't think you have a tough run in at all, not one game left that you're not capable of winning,unlikely you'll win them all but don't see you getting beat by anyone else, that and the 6 point cushion and the titles still yours, comfortably. Soton have put themselves in a position where they are most likely going to have to win the 3 games before they play you and win at Ipswich to give themselves a chance , a lot more pressure on them now.
    Ipswich have the easier run in, so must be slight favourites for second, very interesting 12 fixures coming up for that second spot.

NostradEmus and FosseFilberto like this.
  5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Fully agree - and whilst it's always annoying and sometimes frustrating to lose games, we all need to put it in perspective... winning any league is great ... but nobody really remembers who won the Championship in what year etc - the main thing is to go up ... if we do that finishing top, smashing ... but when the Prem fixtures come out next season, the main thing is to be in them ...

NostradEmus, nzfoxfan and Gessa like this.
  6. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Going up in an auto slot matters because you have a bit longer to plan and strengthen but I agree 1st or 2nd matters little.

7. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

FFS! we take off Vardy and put on Daka! sorry but losing faith in our manager, no plan B
    we are in trouble with FFP so why was we so desperate to sign Cannon injured? who is reasonable
    for our failed signings Rogers or Rudkin! think we are in the s#it.

8. leicesterlove

Our signings are bizarre when you look back at them. Souttar and Kristiansen cost about £32m between them and barely played a game between them last year. Then there was Vestegaard the year before, another £14m if I remember right, who was ignored the moment he arrived until this season. If I remember right Benkovic came that season too and never played. Take them out and we’d have no worries with FFP. I understand Benkovic to a degree as he could have been a good investment, but Souttar and Kristiansen last year were pointless, and last season is the one that’s causing the problem with FFP. We’ve on.y got ourselves to blame I’m afraid.

BucksFox and FosseFilberto like this.
  9. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

'Tittle'. The clubs tittling at us are Leeds and Ipswich.

10. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

As Leeds fan looking from a distance, you'll be fine if you keep playing the way you are.

We're not playing as well as you guys but are getting the rub of the green a bit at the moment.

It will turn around before the end of the season. We can't carry on winning 50/50 games and you can't keep losing games where you're the better side.

As for Ipswich, they are having a crazy season. They concede goals for fun but their luck has to run out at some point. A bit like yesterday.

I expect Southampton to come again.

11. BucksFox

I understand your frustration, Jamba. Enzo is a long way off being an all-round manager. As a coach he is doing fine, but at this stage of his development it would be nice to have him as a number 2 to someone like Martin O'Neill or Claudio - someone who knows how to get the absolute best out of his players and set up a team on matchday and react to what's happening on the pitch.

12. nzfoxfan

4 games to go and we play twice before Ipswich play again. Southampton all of a sudden a big player in the race to the top two. How's the confidence levels?

13. 2020VisionofLeeds

so it’s your fault

14. leicesterlove

I’ll feel more confident if Daka isn’t starting, we can’t keep wasting positions of dominance. Vardy had a stinker against Bristol City, but he hasn’t let us down many times before. Hopefully Maresca’s blind faith in Daka won’t cost us at the end of the season.
    I’m still confident we’ll finish top two.

15. BucksFox

I have to admit I feel a bit sorry for Daka. Confidence is now so totally shot that he is an embarrassment. Must admit I feel just as unconvinced about Faes at the other end. A bad defensive decision or a rash challenge in the penalty area are never far away.

FosseFilberto and HarboroughFox like this.
  16. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Not good. Not good at all.

17. nzfoxfan

Well things have at last returned to normal, you all know we don't do things the easy way. Three home games so its all down to us. And I think using 'us' is fair, we all help drag the team along.

18. leicesterlove

West Brom did a Leicester there, getting the win is all that matters though. Hopefully a bit of pressure seeps through to our nearest challengers now.

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

When have you ever known Leeds bottle things?

apart from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, ….

20. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Just shows what a fickle game it is ... battered both Millwall and Plymouth and lost both - West Brom deserved something today on the balance of play, but go home with nowt...