1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We need to improve quickly !

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The Little General, Jan 13, 2019.

1. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Out of interest, where / how would you have accommodated him in the team on Saturday fella?

2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I know fair dos mate :emoticon-0150-hands

The Little General likes this.
  3. Teessidemackem

"Sometimes When We Touch" You ask me if I love you And I choke on my reply I'd rather hurt you honestly Than mislead you with a lie And who am I to judge you On what you say or do? I'm only just beginning to see the real you .

And sometimes when we touch The honesty's too much And I have to close my eyes and hide I wanna hold you til I die Til we both break down and cry I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides .

Romance and all its strategy Leaves me battling with my pride But through the insecurity Some tenderness survives I'm just another writer Still trapped within my truth A hesitant prize fighter Still trapped within my youth.

And sometimes when we touch The honesty's too much And I have to close my eyes and hide I wanna hold you til I die Til we both break down and cry I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides.

At times I'd like to break you And drive you to your knees At times I'd like to break through And hold you endlessly.

At times I understand you And I know how hard you've tried I've watched while love commands you And I've watched love pass you by At times I think we're drifters Still searching for a friend A brother or a sister But then the passion flares again.

And sometimes when we touch The honesty's too much And I have to close my eyes and hide I wanna hold you til I die Til we both break down and cry I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides .

4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

When he played he goes largely unnoticed but we miss his energy and work rate and he’s a heartbeat of the team. I’ve watched him and thought we could do without him. Been wholeheartedly proved wrong

Brian Storm likes this.
  5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah it's no coincidence that we've been struggling since his injury, he does the work of two men and is involved in everything.

Brian Storm and The Norton Cat like this.
  6. Teessidemackem

We have Ethan Robson available again now, im looking forward to see what he can contribute for the rest of the season. His height will be a plus point in this league.

Brian Storm and clockstander like this.
  7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Looks like it might be February before the Honeyman is back playing.

8. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Where have you heard that Nacho.
    A right kick in the nuts if this is true.

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Just googled him before and that's according to the Echo I think it was, Ross reckons he's 50/50 for the Scunthorpe game on the 19th but the medical staff would advise against it.

cumbrianmackem likes this.
  10. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

He links the midfield to the attack, Gooch is nowhere near as potent when Honeyman isn't in. We're cast adrift up top at the moment, perhaps get Matthews back in and push ONien into there.

11. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

George he has been a huge loss, some were calling for his (and Majas) head not so long ago, underestimating our own, in favour of imports has been a failure at this club for a while. Midfield has constantly required change all season, and George has been missed more than most imo. I would like to see some of our other home grown players like Embleton, Mumba and Robson given an opportunity before the season ends rather than the more of the same option.

12. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

This league is like a marathon. Your not going to win it in December, January, February or March. There will be good results, fair results and poor results. It's just comes with the territory. We are on course for 90 plus points without ever really setting the place on fire with performances. We have gone about it the right way. Just grinding out results....if we can't get the win we will take the point. On top of this we have had some important players for us missing quite a few games. A lot of the time we have had a 19 year old kid leading the line on his own. I'm only looking at the positives....we are in a great position, with our club back. A great manager who has done a fantastic job to get us where we are after we were looking into the abyss over the Summer. Get another player or so from now till the end of January won't do us any harm. In my humble opinion.....we are the team to beat from now till the end of the season.....f*ck Portsmouth, Luton and the rest. Haway the lads!!!!!

13. cumbrianmackem

That last paragraph is very Winston Churchill esk LA,
    He's not your ghost writer is he <laugh>

LAMackem likes this.
  14. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

Maja's won me over but Honeyman is still stealing a living. He's a turnover machine, and he knows it, that's why he passes backwards all the time. He's so short and soft that he doesn't even bother challenging for balls in the air, and the only time he ever mounts a succesful challenge is from behind. And he might cover ground but he has zero acceleration, the play just passes him by. Watmore will replace him as captain.

15. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

No.........just 62 years of blood, sweat and tears into mate <laugh>

But if nothing else we could " always fight them on the beaches" <laugh>

16. cumbrianmackem

Take it your not keen then Hefty.

17. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Completely disagree. Honeyman is the heartbeat of our team. We look infinitely better when he's in the team linking the forwards with the midfield.

Brian Storm and Hefty fullback like this.
  18. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

Agree Norton, don't see why the lad gets so much bad press. He does the simple things including running his socks off so that others with skill are aloud to do their thing. I for one miss him in the team, and cannot wait for him to be back in the starting 11.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  19. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Straight swap. Guess who for?[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

jdsafc likes this.
  20. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Love him me, been I the minority for much of the season. I even have his name on the back of me shirt lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

clockstander likes this.