1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Webster to Villa?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jun 27, 2019.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

How about £15m with Grealish coming the other way? I’d go for that.....[/QUOTE]
    No thanks.. would much rather keep Webster, , if he does go, personally, would much rather have the cash,?£30m would go a long way.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

There is talk of Villa thinking that £20-25m will get him

Also talk of his wages being quadrupled if he moves.

I guess we should not stand in his way if Villa come up with that sort of bid

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

If all the rumours are true then I wish him all the luck he deserves because he would be a fool, or the most committed player we've ever had, if he turned down the possibility of a lifetime. There's a lot of talent out there looking for new digs and with our recent level of success surely it could attract a more bountiful player who likes the cut of our jib and knows we mean business.

5. AshtonRed

You kind of hope he’d give us until the Jan window , then reassess in the hope he’ll get there with us next season, but there are really to many variables, he. Could get injured , his form may drop and no one want him again , so realistically he can’t afford to turn down an opportunity to move to a Premier league club if one comes in, it’s then up to us to reinvest the money wisely to find other young players of equal quality to replace him, and so the cycle continues.

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Or more than likely the clubs interested will turn their attentions elsewhere and block the avenues.
    To me he’s off and will be soon unfortunately. But we’ve got to remember this time last season none of us expected much of AW and thought he was a sick note etc.
    With the signing of Kalas we have to look at did Kalas never say die attitude allow AW more time on the ball to be able to bring it out or was it solely AW brilliance?

7. AshtonRed

My view is their styles complimented each other perfectly, my hope is we look to replace him like for like, there must be other ball playing centre halves out there, we just have to find one. But I agree he’ll be gone soon.

If the guy you trust on OTIB is the one I think , he’s saying our next target is a replacement for AW.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  8. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Very good points ashton.
    In the position our clubs are, you need to take it while its on offer.
    Ramsey broke his leg not long after he left us (ok, i know that if hed stayed he probably wouldnt have broken his leg) and was out for over a year.
    His sale kept us afloat at the time (again, youre in a more financially stable position than we were then).
    I wish we'd sold Zohore when everton were sniffing around with £15M mooted. Hes done nothing since.

As for the player, if he can quadruple his salary, for the same reason, he needs to take it.
    You cant pay for your family's future with loyalty.
    If its a good deal for all parties, it should be done.
    LJ seems to be doing good business this summer so this deal could get you a couple decent players and put a wedge in the coffers.

smhbcfc and Redprintt like this.
  9. AshtonRed

On the downside he will have to play for vile a , bit we’ve got our cross to bear <laugh><laugh>

ccfcremotesupport likes this.