1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 1st. July 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jun 30, 2020.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Meetings

Southwell

N/H 9 Races 12:00-4:10p.m.
    Musselburgh
    Flat 8 Races 12:15-3:50p.m.
    Tipperary
    N/H 8 Races 1:00-4:35p.m.
    Leopardstown(E)
    Flat 8 Races 4:25-8:00p.m.
    Kempton(E)
    A/W 9 Races 4:40-8:45p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Early with this one i know but wanted to get it posted as it stood out a mile to me when looking through the cards

12:35 Southwell - Isaac Wonder 14/1

3. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Looks to have a good chance, had a prep run on the flat and was a decent third! Took well to chasing end of last year and I think his last chase run just found the ground abit quick! I think I’ll have a bit of the 14/1 ew too!!

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  4. stick

stick Bumper King

Do you have access to my text messages or are you Nassau in another guise.
    Or actually....most likely....on recent form......HE HAS PUT YOU UP TO THIS HASNT HE?

5. smokethedeadbadger

Haha

6. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

I quite like Isaac Wonder too to be fair

7. Mick Malones Mauser

Mick Malones Mauser Active Member

The real Isaac Wunder was an interesting character. He did the rounds of Dublin solicitors offices in the 70s claiming he had been cheated out of his winnings in The Irish Sweepstakes. All in his head of course.Eventually a court order was made barring him from taking any more court cases.The order became known as An Isaac Wunder order.Thats whom the horse is named after.
    Not a lot of people know that

Ron, LG, stick and 3 others like this.
  8. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Morning

8.45 Kempton-Marvel @ 3-1 [Bet 365]

To break his run of 2nd's

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  9. NassauBoard

I will probably get found out to be completely wrong here, but these are my views on the first Jumps card of the season.

Paul Nicholls has an awesome course record (5 from 8 since 2010), but that is mainly due to the fact that he has had so few runners and they've run in novice/maiden or sellers. In handicaps the yard are 0 from 2 in that timescale, both beaten at relatively short prices (11/4 was biggest price). They send more to the course today than they normally send in a season, and I think that shows that today is more about limited opportunities rather than fancying runners at Southwell.

The course record is a double edge sword for punters, his horses are likely to be short, and I think they are likely to make a market for others. So when he gets trebles and the like, you can feel sorry or laugh at me!!

12:00 -

Nineohtwooneoh is favourite, albeit quite uneasy in the market, for the Nicholls yard. This horse is rated 104 over hurdles and comes into a novice handicap chase off that mark, and therefore with no p2p form, we don't know how well he is going to jump fences. Fame And Glory has had 2 winners from 6 runners in rules races over fences, so it will be interesting to see how he goes as a sire this season. I thought this horse had problems, and has also looked a difficult ride, so I think at the prices I have to be against him.

The problem with this race, as with many novice handicap chases, is that you've either got newcomers to fences or horses who have failed over fences. I don't like backing horses who have had difficulties with fences, so I am going to swerve Oxwich Bay and Zen Master. The former is 0 from 7 over fences and the latter 0 from 8, and both have made bad mistakes at fences in the past. Torquay is 0 from 3, and is open to more development than the other two, but I think two mares in this race are very interesting.

Tazka comes from the Gary Moore yard, and to me has always looked like a mare who could improve for switching to chases. She is by Network, who has had a good win ratio over fences from his progeny (19% with 145 winners), and whilst her form has dropped off since her handicap hurdle debut (off 114) she is probably well handicapped. If she gets supported in the market, then it would be wise to keep her on side.

Elle Est Grande is the other mare I like, she has plenty of size and scope and has shown in her short racing career that she has got potential to be a racehorse. She ran a really taking race at Ayr in a mares novice hurdle, and then on handicap hurdle debut she traded at 1.05 and somehow managed to finish 4th!! She needs to have strengthened up, and having time off will hopefully have done just that for her. She is a massive price and I think is worth a small nibble along with Tazka here.

13:10

The Greater Good would go off odds on here if all of his owners had just a pound on each (first owners group snipe of the season. Thousands more to come), but I am really put off this horse by the fact that it has had wind surgery and also a tongue tie is added. Tongue Tie and Wind Surgery first time for bumper horses on debut gives a massive 0 winners from 20 runners. Tongue Tie on debut is 41 from 488.

Sol De Mayo is the horse with form, but I would be disappointed if he didn't get beaten again here, given that he's been beaten in both of his bumpers so far, and by a long way last time out. A return to Aintree form would make him dangerous, but I would be against him as the second horse in the market.

I am obviously going to side with Fergals horses, with Ultimate Getaway being a horse that I like in the flesh, he is a nice sized son of Getaway who I think should be good enough to be competitive in a bumper before going hurdling over a further trip. I've not been to the yard since lockdown, so I don't know how he is going at home, but he is a nice horse who I expect to give Foxtrot Racing more success.

The other horse of Fergal's Lunar Sovereign is interesting too, given its much more flat racing bred and comes from Godolphin as a cast off. I am surprised to see him as big as he is in the market, even given that he has Conor Brace on. Fergal has run horses against each other in bumpers before (mainly at Cheltenham) and they normally finish in betting order, but that doesn't mean that this one hasn't got a chance. Watch in the market. He is a horse I can't remember from visits to the yard, so that is a positive for anyone who backs him.

LG and karlos5001 like this.
  10. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Tipp 2.00- Henry Sellers win 9/2

11. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I quite like Sol De Mayo's chance in the Southwell bumber. He was fairly impressive on his Aintree debut, leading them a merry dance and looking the most likely winner 2F from home but he just faded over the final furlong to finish 3rd (winner has followed up under a penalty and the 2nd ran with credit in the listed bumper at Cheltenham on New Year's Day). Sol De Mayo was then disappointing at Kelso but I put that down to a combination of bottomless ground and the ridiculously slow pace - he was fighting for his head early which cost him any chance. Good going should ensure a more honest pace today and I think Sol De Mayo will go very close.

12. You See

You See Well-Known Member

After yesterdays pants i shouldnt be posting .
    Sand and sticks today
    Southwell
    140 zamoyski at 7s
    Kempton
    510 blue bower 7s
    845 barington 7/2

13. dylanthomas

dylanthomas Active Member

Well in lads!

14. smokethedeadbadger

Get in! Cheers Stick and Nass

Ste D likes this.
  15. NassauBoard

Amazing shout!!!

16. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Booooooooom good man Smokey!!

17. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Well in Smokey <ok>

18. gingerninja

gingerninja Well-Known Member

That will teach me to check in earlier, well done Smokey, shame I missed it <wah>

19. NDS

NDS Well-Known Member

Well done smokey :1980_boogie_down:

20. hawkeye

hawkeye Well-Known Member

Smokey cheers