1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend 20/21 July.

Discussion in 'GAA' started by RebelBhoy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Derry 0-20 - 1-22 Cavan
    Galway 1-11 - 0-09 Armagh

London outlast Armagh and Derry in this years championship.

The London championship summer lasts longer than Tipperary.

2. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Tyrone 1-11
    Kildare 0-12

Wexford 2-08 - 0-16 Laois

3. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Couldn't see the mayo game due to TV3 not being a national broadcaster. Cracking Ulster final watched on BBC. Didn't think Monaghan had it in them, fair play to them and the joy of the crowd pitch invasion proves what the Ulster title meant. It is unfortunately at present the only real contest.

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

The munster final is a contest.

I didn't think Monaghan were ready yet. But the 21s have been coming. I don't think Donegal were right. If they don't have their best 15 out, they are vulnerable.

I am of course one for blowing my own trumpet.... But.....the London PRO is a Monaghan man. I was out with him last November time and we were talking about managers doing well in their second year..... He joked "what about Monaghan"... Well, we'll see says I. I was joking, but now I can pretend I wasn't 0-13 to 0-7 .

They were great today.

London were good too. It was a huge task but they carved out enough chances to be a lot closer. For my money, Mayo are one of the top 3 sides in the country, so no disgrace in going down like that.

5. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

The Anglo Celt is a good looking cup.

6. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

The Munster provincial football championship is a joke and ensures that both Kerry and Cork have guaranteed routes through to the at least the 4th qualifying round and the quarter final every year. Compare Donegal route to the same point, tough physical battles against Tyrone, Down and Monaghan hardly a competition of equals. As for Connacht this year has been a joke and but for a misfiring Mayo the final score could have been close to the embarrassment of Armagh v Leitrim. Yes I only saw the lowlights on the Sunday game.
    Gal

7. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

The Ulster champ is the most competitive of the provinces at the moment but that's only because most of the teams in Ulster are equally as bad as each other and it also does not help when 99.9% of games played in the Ulster champ are total garbage to watch.

8. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

So your assessment is based on competitive games, Tyrone v Donegal, Derry v Down, Down v Donegal and Monaghan v Donegal. The only other games anywhere near competitive were Kerry v Cork. Maybe you should get out of the Pale more often

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

A different thing to it not being a contest. It is certainly a contest.

10. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Not on competitive games but there a few teams in Ulster that are in with a chance of winning the Ulster title because of the negative tactics most teams in Ulster use and even a poor team like Monaghan can win it by playing typical boring Ulster football. I don't think anyone would want to watch the boring sideways handpass fests in Ulster no matter how close they were.