1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend 29/30 June 2013

Discussion in 'GAA' started by RebelBhoy, Jun 29, 2013.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Not a bad week for the Union Jack loving junkies right enough<ok>

<wink>

They really looked the part today.

2. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

[NSFW][/NSFW]
    .<laugh>

Looked good today but the highlight was the hurlers and it's only June guaranteeing at least 2 more matches.Some serious games next week;

Galway v Dublin

Tipp v Kilkenny

Ps Congratulations to London

3. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Don't really follow the hurling but assume Kilkenny aren't gone yet. What stage do they enter the qualifiers at. Worth a punt (not the former currency of the former "independent" state"

It shouldn't be a surprise that both the footballers and hurlers are into respective provincial finals. Given the pick they have and the money that has been pumped in anything else would be cause for another public enquiry.

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Kilkenny meet Tipp next week in the qualifiers, so one of them is gone.

That'll be the 2nd phase of qualifying as far as I can tell. They may well be worth a punt yet, but do it before next week.

It has been a long process to get the hurlers here. They really have to beat Galway now to make this worth their while.

5. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

The longest Sunday Game in 35 years.

2 Weeks ago the main topic was Team Ulster.

There were cameras at the Athletic Grounds.

The 2 teams who would represent the main non-Antrim contingent in Team Ulster were playing today and TSG couldn't see their way clear to mention the result, let alone show highlights.

I'm not saying that showing the game would improve Ulster Hurling, I'm saying it would inform the debate to at least some degree. It'll raise its head again when Antrim hose down the winners of this game an we get to see 30 seconds of Antrim scoring goals and points. Then 2 of the 7 or 8 points Derry/Down get, one of them a free......

Then we can all say Ulster Hurling is bad and not talk about it until next summer when Antrim get ****ed out of Leinster again.

Poor show RTE.

6. Mick O'Toon

True a lot of money has been put into Dublin GAA and the results are showing but these hurlers have come through U21/Minors and have been successful at that age so one would hope they would make it to the seniors.What I have noticed lately around my neck of the woods is the amount of kids going around with hurleys and minorities as well so for me it is great to see.If you are looking for a bet Cork would be my choice.
    Here's the Hurling Championship in a chart:
    http://www.gaa.ie/content/downloads/wallcharts/hurling_wallchart_2013.pdf

Latest football qualifiers fixtures:
    Date TBC - Saturday July 6th/Saturday July 13th, 2013
    GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship 2013 Round 2

Cavan vs. Fermanagh

Clare vs. Laois

Roscommon vs. Tyrone

Derry vs. Down

Kildare vs. Louth

Longford vs. Wexford

Galway vs. Waterford

Leitrim vs. Armagh

7. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

Poor draw. Some repeats which wouldn't be good for either side involved or for getting a crowd to turn up. Lots of what appear to be foregone conclusions with the exception of DOwn/Derry, Fermanagh/Cavan and Longford/Wexford.
    Thankfully I will be away for the next round and hopefully will have something to look forward to when I get home.

8. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

The football has not been great so far with some dire games all around the country, Dublin played well but I think Kildare are almost beaten before they get on the pitch against Dublin, they don't really believe they can do it and its a similar problem Dublin had a few years back, they tend to crumble when the heat is on. Great for London to get to a Connacht final and well deserved.

The Hurling champ is looking wide open this year and there have been a few shock results. Tipp V Kilkenny should be a good game next week and hopefully Dublin can win their first Leinster hurling title since 1961.

9. Mick O'Toon

I'm going to match next Sunday and missus has Galway connections,her family from Athenry and they are travelling so Monday off for me what ever happens.A strange one next week , Dublin hurling never gave me much joy throughout the summer so I always fell back on me second team which was Galway,hmmm Joe Canning will decide it!

10. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

If Joe Canning is on his game there is just no stopping him, he has destroyed better defences than the current Dublin one on his own so im hoping he will have a quiet day but he does seem to enjoy playing in Croker. I think Dublin should put Liam Rushe or Peter Kelly on him and hope for the best.

11. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Stop the supply to him and he'll go roaming.... Easier said than done but Laois shut them down and you'd think the Dubs are a step up from that.

12. Mick O'Toon

Put 2 men on him will only help Galway with Callanan,Hayes,Iarla(love that name),Hayes they can score all over the park so do what they did for last 2 weeks.