1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate - Sat 20th July

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

We have a match today in Sydney which won't show us anything except give some players some minutes on the pitch. Next week we will see the whole squad back together and should start to look something like.

Dyche at Burnley is about to allow Joe hart to go on a free and also to sell Tom Heaton for good cash, which leaves him free to try and snap up BPF. What are peoples views on this and was it caused by BPF opening his mouth. Will Kiko stay and if he doesnt it looks like Big Karl Darlow is being lined up from Newcastle

Speaking of Newcastle the Steve Bruce situation is a joke as many fans detest him because he was a former Sunderland manager and his treatment of the Wendies as also riled them up. Then you seee also that fans are sick because they lose a top class coach in Benitez and get a fat journeyman.

Will we see anyone else come in? darlow is spoken about, the young Irish kid from Inter Milan or stories about a Pontus replacement?

23 players have left the club and there could still be another 7 to go. Orta has been busy even though he's the other side of the world. Ekuban the latest yesterday sold for £1m which gets us a profit again and we should see Ideguchi finalised over the next few days, Anita, Pearce out on loan, LDB but who will take O'Kane..... £20m+ brought in and a big reduction in the wage bill.

Last week I was pretty happy with stories about James Chester for £7.5m but the more I read the more I believe it to be a bad move. he's now 30 and on a downward slide plus he has a bad injury record. Yes he may give is a solid platform at the back and give us a great season but a lot of money for just one season. In fact it's Bamford money, so for me unless he has a slashed transfer fee and a lower wage demand, not worth it?

Happy weekend folks

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I remember hearing from a club source that Casilla will be first Choice keeper come August. I don't really mind that as I feel we have more pressing matters on the pitch. Even when we had Jansson I was of the opinion that we were a defender short. We need at least one decent centre-back to come in. I would offence was not what good enough last season so what makes the hierarchy think that by getting rid of our best defender and replacing him where's a Brighton reserve loan player that we are going to be stronger. Forget about a keeper, we need a marquee signing centre-back

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning by the way doc

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

My other concern and obviously I have voiced this before is that Cooper had his best season ever last term. Does he have it in him to go furthet

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Morning,

Don't believe the James Chester thing for one minute. No way is he worth £7.5m and no way would we pay it even if we had it.

Any streams for this morning's match would be greatly appreciated :biggrin: <whistle>

Whitejock and ellandback like this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

Probably made less mistakes than any other CB in the Championship last season. Good player.

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Orta did say a few days ago that he thought Kiko would stay for the whole season. So for me thats fine as long as we see the real Kiko, the player supposed to be the 3rd best keeper in Spain. Not seen that yet and the only only outstanding memories of his first season are bad ones. If Kiko is Number 1 who is Number 2 because Huffer is missing and that only leave Kamel Miazek. Think we need a statement from the club on keepers because I dont see why we might be signing a keeper who was released by Sunderland recently. How can he be anywhere near good enough to come close to Huffer. He also conceded a goal that I would have stopped against Tadcaster.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  8. FORZA LEEDS

The fact they have years of experience, have kept tabs on White for a couple of years, and know more about the players than any of us lot on here probably has something to do with it <whistle>

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I'm on it.

wakeybreakyheart and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Forza because of the way we play which means high press, we always leave a huge space behind Cooper and whoever else is CB. Surely this is when we can expose Kiko and put him in a position he's never been in before, or am I missing something? Cooper had a great season and I think he will have another but CBs always have a mistake in them and this is the Championship not Prem

Farsleyexile and FORZA LEEDS like this.

11. FORZA LEEDS

Our risk and reward style of play was let down badly at times last season by a lack of communication between defence and goalkeeper.

Iron that out and the system will consistently work a treat.

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  12. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Looks OK but could need to use vpn

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  13. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Doc Matt and co from adull Bardsey
    Aden Flint has just been sold to Cardiff for £4m which I think shows there is not a lot of money about in the EFL Flint cost Boro £8m last season so an injury prone
    James Chesters worth about £2m tops Darlow is about as useless as the 2 clowns we have already so no thank you
    The Irish lad sounds like a good investment for the future
    I wish Boguz a good debut today I think we have a winner there

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looking like yet another player is on his way out of the club. Irish midfielder for the U23s Callum Nicell is having a trial with Leicester Academy. He has/had a contract until next Summer but looks like we may have released him?

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

hi there how do you get it to work or am i being thick.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. FORZA LEEDS

19. FORZA LEEDS

**** knows so that makes two of us

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Boguszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz