1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate - Sat 7th Sept

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning guys, who can't wait for the England game later? no me neither. and find these International breaks a pain. Lets face it when previous England managers picked a squad half the players were not released or feigned injury as they are too expensive to loan out to their national squad and be used out of position or miss used. So the FA come up with a stunning wheeze and employ a useless club manager called Southgate who was on the books as the U21 coach. He has an idea that the best players will not be allowed to attend and he also knows the best players have no respect for him, so he uses U21 players in the main. This turns out to be a decent shout as these kids who never get much premier league football did well and showed that our kids do have potential. The players in the England set-up U21, 20, 19 and 18 have won World Cups and tournaments so has worked up to a point. However recently England have been crap and our world beater kids have been washed away from comps they were expected to win. Oh and having Aidy Boothroyd as U21 coach seems to be taking the pee.

So the EFL are now investigating Derby and 2 other Championship clubs for selling their stadiums to themselves for an inflated price so that they can beat FFFP rules. Independent valuers are looking at the prices quoted and as an example Pride Park was built in 1997 for £28m but Morris the owner of Derby just sold it to his other company for £80m 285% uplift. Elland Rd was bought by Radz for £20m and is a bigger ground. I hope Derby get what they deserve and a 12 points deduction. To be honest both teams in last years play off final should have had points deductions so wouldn't have been there. Birmingham had a 9 point deduction last season but Villa, Derby, Swansea and Sheff Wednesday all appealed so investigation results delayed to this season which is a joke because villa now in the prem by cheating will get away with it. Oh and by the way QPR were find last season and will never pay it but the EFL just shrug their shoulders. Cheats never prosper unless in the EFL

Klich is due for a new contract and from what I'm hearing has turned down 2 premier league moves in the Summer and is expecting to sign a new contract shortly. This from a player who was forced out by a previous manager because he slipped and caused a goal.......

I see lots of so-called Leeds Utd fans have turned on jack Clarke and want him to go back to Spurs as not good enough for Leeds. Be a great idea if players never went on social media

2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I hope Derby and the others have to pay back the fraudulently received money and get a 12 point deduction.

Not going on social media should be part of their contract. Jack Clarke hasn't been the same since his medical emergency and to be honest I'm surprised we were able to sell him. He has a lot of potential but little incentive to knuckle down and do the hard yards that he needs to do as he now got plenty of money to amuse himself with. How to get him motivated when he has all the material things he needs?

Klich seems like a well balanced person and I hope he signs another contract. He did what was needed to get himself back into contention and it seems to be working out for him, Perhaps an example to Jack?

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

If I were Bielsa and things continue like they are I'd send Clarke back to his club and bring in a permanent signing come January. I'd say this on a forum but I wouldn't attack any player on social media

I hope Derby get found guilty and hit hard

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Morning all,

He Doc, just a small point to mention. ER cost £20m, but wasn't it set at a specific price many years before? It wasn't market value that we bought it for, that's for sure.

So glad england are facing problems. Wish Scotland had the same problems. Imagine having to pick McBurnie (or Jihadi John as I prefer to call him) as your CF! £20m? I wouldn't give you twenty quid for him. Devoid of basic skills, unable to hold up a ball, seems to have forgotten how to shoot, pass, head. And you think you've got problems!!! :)

Btw, Cooper did very well on his debut. Completely different game plan to his usual. Most of the players around him were hoofers that were incapable of tippy-tappy, so he had to be v.v. careful. One thing of note is that, as we all know, he's great at the 60yd diagonals, but not once did he do it. Not once. I watched him automatically look for the pass a number of times - and it was on - but the head went back down & a short pass was made to the side. Must have been really difficult to play for a manager that stops a player initiating an attack. Didn't make one run down the middle either, so was obviously acting under orders. Felt sorry for him.

One think Scotland did that I'd like to see us try is that when defending a corner, they left 2 of their smaller players on the halfway line, drawing 3 defenders back. Typical Scotland, though, it was only half thought through. If they'd each gone wide they'd have taken a defender each wide, leaving the 3rd with a difficult decision of who to cover. Instead they stood close to each other in the centre circle, making the Russians' job so much easier to cover them. Wish Bielsa would look at it.

Footnote to Scotland game - I rather foolishly took tickets for Friday's & Monday's games with me. Didn't have my specs with me & only during the match did I realise that I handed in Monday's ticket! Bugger. <wah>

Jammy 07 likes this.
  5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Other than likely to be read by more people could you explain your reasoning behind it being ok in your opinion on a forum but not elsewhere ?
    I don't get it as this forum is in the public domain and many who read are on twitter etc. By posting your thoughts your influencing opinion and those opinions will then potentially be voiced elsewhere.

Don't have a problem with posters being critical of players, they represent us and are welll rewarded. Guess they just have to take the rough with the smooth but there is no free pass on here because you maybe think it's just a select few who are reading.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jock my understanding is that TA had a set price of £8m and needed to be repurchased by a certain date which we failed to do, so market value now applies, but we dont want it as have plans to relocate to a new location.

ER was done differently as Jacob Adler and Teak Trading paid peanuts for it but guaranteed to sell it back at £20m which was a massive profit for him especially as he charged us in excess of £200k per year which had an escalator uplift annually. Also seem to remember that Bates asked Leeds City Council to purchase ER from Teak but their valuation was less than £20m and thought it would be bad for tax payers even though access to facilities would be granted

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"If things continue like they are I would send him back to his club and bring in a permanent signing" I don't consider saying this as an attack, just an opinion of the current situation. He isn't getting game time, Bielsa does not consider him better than those being picked, we have problems in regards to too many loan signings, some are saying he looks uninterested.

I do hope so as I said "I wouldn't attack any player on social media and I've often said this time and time again

I do however still feel there is a big difference in forums like this and social media. Here the player would have to come into the forum and read what is being said about them, it is a choice they make. On Twitter they are tagged and it arrives on their twitter feed, it's like sending an abusive letter to their home address or phoning them directly and telling them what you think.

8. Jammy 07

Thanks for answering Ristac.

No one should be abused or attacked on any platform, I get where you're coming from and it's a reasonable view but everyone should own what they post so in my opinion you should be just as happy to post that view here or on twitter.

Personally I've never written anything that I wouldn't be happy for any of the players to read. Would I choose to send it to them though is an entirely different matter, as they haven't expressed an inclination to read my opinions why would I thrust it upon them.

ristac likes this.
  9. Whitejock

Liked this .....

please log in to view this image

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Seems that Ayling and Roberts are now back training with the main group, so expect to see them playing for the U23s before long. Not on Monday though I don't expect as its down at Palace yet another Southern team and Watford after them. Wonder if we get to see Sam Dalby play against us in that one. Young Liam McCarron should start tomoz

Whitejock likes this.

11. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome back Doc!!!!!!!

please log in to view this image

12. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Drinkwater gets battering outside Burnley nightclub?

With some players you can absolutely pinpoint a decision that utterly ruined their career and Danny Drinkwater is one of those. His move to Chelsea just hasn’t worked out and it sounds like things have gone from bad to worse for him.

He’s currently on loan at Burnley but it looks like he might face some time out depending on the severity of the beating he took the other night from a gang as reported by The Sun.

The story claims that he was repeatedly trying to chat up the girlfriend of Scunthorpe United’s Kgosi Nthle. They suggest that he was aware she was in a relationship but still insisted ” she’s coming home with me”. It’s astounding arrogance and might partially explain the reaction he faced.

The story goes on to suggest that as a result around six men attacked him outside and kept jumping up and down on his ankle while shouting “break his legs”. It’s obviously left him battered and bruised as he ended up with some fairly nasty looking injuries.

They suggest he suffered some ankle ligament damage in the attack which could leave him out of action for up to a month.

It’s a further setback for him as he attempts to get his faltering career back on track. He was such a vital member of the Leicester team that won the Premier League, but has only made 12 league appearances for Chelsea in the last two years.

He’s 29 so needs to start reestablishing himself as a first team player soon or he will end up being forgotten about and will really struggle to find a Premier League club next season.

Did Danny Deserve Drumming?

13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Perhaps he should just drink water.

14. Jammy 07

Interesting day today as my son makes his debut for his new football team (u13's). This season they go to 11-a-side and play 35 mins each half so getting more like the real stuff wheras before it was small sided games, 5-7-9-a-side as you go through the age groups.

First thing I guess is getting some(enough) game time as they have around 20 in the squad, it will be quite the juggling act by the coach to keep everyone happy. He's been training with them since June and has done well in couple of pre season friendlies so he's hopeful he'll fit in and have a good season.

If anyone has any stories/observations on junior/youth football then please do share them.

ellandback and Whitejock like this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Drinkwater on his foxes form is the type of midfielder I would love at Leeds. You never know it just may happen???? Football players are just like any young bloke who goes out on the town, but for their own careers they are better off keeping out of the way and just going to haunts they know and where they keep out of the limelight. So only his drunken self to blame but wonder if Scunny players are involved.

Burnley is a place where ex Leeds player go to die and poor Taylor doing nothing, Wood very quiet as expected because he aint a prem striker and now we have BPF who said he was leaving leeds as he wanted first team footy and dint like being second fiddle sat on the bench. So he goes to Burnley to be 3rd fiddle and will be lucky to get on the bench. Career ending move me thinks

Thinking about all the so-called players we lost in the last 4 seasons, how many would actually get into our team today? I can only think of Lewis Cooke who would walk in, the rest like Taylor, Byrom, Mowett, Viera no chance and wood isn't mobile enough for Bielsaball

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Good luck to him Jammy. Are the U13s now on full size pitches and goals? The only tip I can give is for him to do everything the coach asks without complaint, even if played out of his fav position. Stand his ground in training against the bully who likes to sythe players down, also on the pitch in a match without raising hands, feet or head. Tell him to smile in their faces and his coach and teammates will give him respect. Also tell him to work on an aspect of his game on his own away from the team at home. Then when he thinks he's got better at it, try it out a couple of times in the match to see how it goes, it may work and get him noticed....

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Jammy 07 likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Phil Hay now saying Kalvin has agreed a new 5 year deal making him one of the top earners at the club <applause><applause> well done KP for staying loyal and well done Radz/Kinnear for sorting it.

Signs the deal tomoz

19. Whitejock

Only thing I can add is not specific to football, but to learning. Tell him to ask his coach what his target areas are for self improvement, can he have a plan?, is there something he can practice at home? etc. Think this one through before passing on, as you know the situation better, & some coaches might just see him as a crawling little barsteward, whereas others might be really encouraged. Works in so many fields for youngsters - but only with the right mentor.

20. Whitejock

Pretty sure I watched a video a couple of weeks ago with them both training 121 with coaches. I remember it 'cos just a few days before I embarrassingly reported from TA that Ayling was being driven about, so it didn't look good. :emoticon-0111-blush