1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Exactly :emoticon-0148-yes: and I have had all 3 plus a flu jab so sorted. Just asked the question why so many top athletes including top footballers are getting heart conditions, because its normally a freak incident every few years, but this year we have seen at least 4 top players so is there a common denominator?

blonogasoven and old sea dog like this.
  2. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Good man so have I
    It would be interesting to know the vaccination status of those concerned
    As a general point of interest my osteoarthritis has seen a marked improvement over the past six months
    The only difference to my lifestyle has been taking vitamin D and the vaccine?

Doc and old sea dog like this.
  3. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Olly no longer at the wheel

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

It's in never land.

6. wakeybreakyheart

Shame he was doing a good job.

7. wakeybreakyheart

No it's just the way things have happened. Next season might not be any heart conditions.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Said on here before that all the crap in the sports media about the Saudi takeover of Newcastle is a joke because the biggest human rights abuser on ghe planet is China yet silence from these hypocrites.

I applaud the WTA who today have come out and said that they dont care how many billions the ladies tennis circuit is in hock to China, they need to bring out the disappeared Chinese women's tennis star. This tennis star went onto social media and said she had been sexually abused by a senior Chinese official she was promptly kidnapped and vanished. Nobody knows if she is even still alive and the Chinese are posting stuff on her social media thats obviously not from her. In the USA the usual lefty twats are on the side of China and I include the NBA and stars like Lebron James. The NBA is sponsored by Nike and the Chinese government and would be bankrupt without them. China always gets a free pass, wonder why

FORZA LEEDS and blonogasoven like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Remember theres an Olympics coming upand wonder how many countries will top their teams attending?
    https://www.newsweek.com/ioc-wont-c...ce-says-quiet-diplomacy-best-solution-1651258

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Take out Roberts and Firpo and its the U23 side sat on the bench, but lots of pressure on Gelhardt in his first prem start. Enjoy young man and show Kane what you are all about. Gelhardt now ahead of Tyler Roberts

But jeez how unlucky are we as a team with Bamford, Raphinha Ayling Rodrigo out, lucky to have Firpo ready to come back and also Forshaw back so lets hope for ghe best but expect the worst

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well that was hard to take because the first half with half the first team missing was a joy to watch. I thought everyone played will and it was good to see Harrison create a chance and the other winger James finished it. I thought Joffy was class and unlucky not to score.

second half we were shaken early and never got back the form of the first half. Harrison was trying his best, Dan James was doing pretty well and Joffy was different gravy and never gave up. Cooper, Llorente Phillips and Struijk were brilliant and Klich was also doing ok

Gessa likes this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

13. wakeybreakyheart

Bielsa taljs some shyte

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Conte - We changed tactics for the second half, I told my players you can still win this if you do as I tell you, they followed my instructions and we were the better team in the second half…

This is the conundrum, we wouldn’t be where we are now without Bielsa. No other coach could take that starting 11 and have them play like that but…

He seems to be constantly being beat tactically during games. Is it just the quality of player other teams seem to have.

esteponawhite likes this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ayling, Bamford, Raphinha, Rodrigo, Firpo all out injured against one of the worlds best coaches. We played our championship team augmented with U23 kids against one of the world best coaches who had better players than our all over the pitch, and yet Bielsa dominated the first half with 70% possession with his kids and players. Bielsa saw what Conte did and he said so and he tried to counter it 4 times but it didnt work. Hes too nice to say it butwe didnt have the players to change it. Heir first goal was a freak deflection. Our defenders including Phillips did a great job but once we lost the midfield we lost the game. This isnt on Bielsa and he did change tactics by playing 3 at the back and he tried to change it by moving square pegs again

16. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

It does seem our injuries hit us in waves, start of the season most of the defence missing, now most of the forwards missing.
    Even with these setbacks we are not playing badly.
    I just wish we had replaced Pablo.

ristac and Gessa like this.
  17. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Whether we like it or not we're right in the doo doo and that situation is unlikely to change before January.

At least it's never dull being a Leeds fan.

ristac and esteponawhite like this.
  18. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Exactly this. Bielsa completely out thought Conte in the first half and Conte didn't have the answer.

2nd half Conte played riskier football and allowed his players to have their one on one matches. They have better players and they started winning their duels. They stretched the pitch, told their wing backs to forget about defending and pushed them higher which flooded the midfield. The game went mental for the first 10 minutes of the second half and either side could have scored. They got the goal and gradually our wide men were pushed back in to their own half. Tottenham did to us what we did to Tottenham in the first half.

Bielsa tried to change it by putting Firpo on and moving Phillips in to the middle to try and wrestle back the midfield dominance but that freed up Kane and he came deep and became more influential. Moura pulled on to Firpo who to his credit was trying to push forward but just ended up getting caught out by Moura. Once that front three started working we were on a loser. Bielsa saw it and moved Phillips back to try and stop the rot but it was too late. Roberts came on and weakened the midfield and our front three just looked knackered trying to do two jobs at once.

Midfield is the area we need to strengthen. It's obvious. It's great that Forshaw is back but he can't do 90 minutes just yet. It's sensible to be careful with him. We need an upgrade on Klich and someone to rival Forshaw. At this point if Koch ever plays again I would play Koch in the holding role, Phillips at 8 like he does for England and Forshaw keeping things ticking over. We just look so light through the centre and have all season.

Bielsa knew it needed changing but didn't have the personnel to do so. If Bielsa had the Spurs bench we would probably have gone on and won. Instead we put on Roberts and McKinstrey.

2 pennth and esteponawhite like this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

John Fleck has now been released from hospital after collapsing with nobody near him on the pitch for Reading at the weekend. Life saving intervention on the pitch and yet another mysterious heart condition for fit young footballers. Thats 4 in a few weeks?

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  20. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

The mRNA vaccine was known to have the potential to cause heart inflammation in young men in particular

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2781601

Covid also appears to have long term effects on the heart as well.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...-heart-inflammation-among-elite-athletes.aspx

Without knowing more about the particular circumstance I guess it's too early to say what is happening but it is a worrying development.

ristac and Doc like this.