1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Dec 2, 2022.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think Jesse wants attacking width from his fullbacks. We all know he likes narrow forwards but the one player he wants width from is his fullback. I think - given he wants them to put crosses in, he’d be reluctant to play a right footed left back. On that basis I can’t see him loving Dallas at left back either. Under bielsa, Stuey tended to be more inverted there while Harrison gave the width. Can’t see that suiting Jesse.

2. milkyboy

It seemed like bridges had been buikt with Cody after last years falling out over Cardiff - but it seems he’s on its way. Sometimes it just works out that way. You can’t blame him for wanting game time and it seems we can’t offer that. I think extended contract and loan would have been best option for the club, but hey.

As doc says, easy to label him a trouble maker - but if anyone is stirring its most likely to be the agent.

3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Or Ell. Definitely one of the two.

4. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

There was massive unrest last Xmas/NY amongst a lot of the U23's. Drameh insisted on going out on loan and was allowed to do so, Summerville requested the same and whilst Bielsa agreed the board/Orta refused so he he had no choice but to stay. Since then Joffy, Greenwood, Crysencio and Struijk have all signed new long term deals whilst Drameh has not.

M'mm wonder who the odd one out is then.

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning plebs. Been having a think and as I’m having to pay the fee for the big Kev lump and likely a heap of back pay as well, I’ve decided to take him back and he qualifies as a January signing again. He’s bound to be able to push Paddy for his place surely.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Maybe we can convert him into a left back <confused>

Eireleeds1 and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  7. milkyboy

Probably both fella

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  8. milkyboy

I see he’s scored 2 in 7 for Basel in the Swiss league. The boy is smokin after a barren period.

So what’s the plan boss… he’s only just signed a 3 year deal but I reckon if you bid 18m and offer him 50k a week on a 5 year deal he might take it.

Could play safe though and do a loan to the end of the season with a commitment to buy?

9. Eireleeds1

The loan deal would normally appeal most to me but I figure if I can find 7m to pay the first instalment from the court proceedings I might have a crack at selling him back to Basel. It’s complcated though and I might have to consult with Vic on this one. He’s actually the brains of our operation you know

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sat watching USA V Holland and all I see is Leeds Utd doing a great start, in total control and plenty of high energy, a couple of missed chances and Holland struggling to come to terms with the high energy press.so first ten minutes Dutch not in it. Then one attack nd a goal for the Dutch. 2nd Dutch attack before half time another goal. USA have been great this tournament and showed Southgate how crap he is, but the yank tactics don’t work against top coaches. Hoping the yanks manage to score and make a game of it in the 2nd half, but LVG could well run away with this

Jammy 07 likes this.

11. milkyboy

The Dutch knew they had to nullify the us midfield so they’ve flooded it. Marking tightly cutting off passing lanes. Leaving the us centre backs to bring it out… and they can’t do it.

Disappointing from Adams.. when the US have upped the tempo they’ve got in behind the Dutch.. but he’s just been happy to give a 10 yard backwards pass too often. Awful how he didn’t track depay as well for the first... So unlike him.

12. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

It's a relatively young team Doc and we all know where the World Cup is in 3.5 years. Only 3 or 4 of their current squad will be considered "old" by then.

Doc likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

One things for sure, they will need to organise a lot of freindlies against top teams, because they need exposing to quality and different styles, systems and tactics.

The Aussies were the same and lacked experience and knowhow. Dogged determination only goes so far. Maybe the Aussies should have a regular tournament with Japan and South Korea who also suffer from competative games?

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The team wakes up this morning in the training camp on the outskirts of Valencia. A 5 day training camp followed by a friendly match, before flying home and preparing for another couple of friendlies at ER. We have no more players involved in the WC so our 2 yanks and a Dane will rejoin the team in a week or so.

Its thought that Dallas is with the team but is he ready to play some part? Sinisterra, is he with them or is he still trying to get his foot sorted out back at TA?

There are going to be chances for fringe players this month, will they take their chance or will they be sent out on loan, transferred out?

15. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Bate won't make it. He's ****.

Dramah has been tearing it up in the 21's for years now but both Bielsa and Marsch are reluctant to use him. Cardiff used him as a wing back playing with a back three. When Dramah has played he has looked nervous and is constantly out of position. Looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I think Dramah will do okay somewhere but if he can't displace an ageing Ayling or a disappointing Kristensen then he may as well **** off. Sometimes it just doesn't fit at a club.

Llorente is **** after an impressive first season.

Koch is a mistake waiting to happen.

Cooper is a good organiser but isn't a premier league standard defender.

Struijk is too slow. He would need a pacey partner.

Hjelde and Cresswell look very good prospects but again have very little pace.

Forshaw and Klich can head to the retirement home. Need replacing with a new signing and Greenwood.

Bamford has had one good season at Leeds. Needs to go.

Other than that we are OK.

16. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Don't think Drameh has ever been happy here. Top and bottom of it all he wants to play football and can't see his way in our first team. He had a decent spell at Cardiff so knows he can handle the Championship at least so you can't blame the lad for wanting to progress his career. but then again if he leaves and goes to a so called "big team" does he get in that team? probably not. So maybe he just wants out and unhappy. maybe he wants more money? maybe his agent is just stirring the shyte lots of reasons it could be, but the main thing is he's unhappy so ship the little fecka out. It's very hard to keep young players on the brink of the first team happy they are young and want to play but I do think we done it wrong for some of these players on the brink some should of been sent out to learn the football life week in week out. The Management should have sat around the table start of the season and asked themselves are these players going to play a part. We are covering our backs basically keeping them in the background in case something happens ie injuries etc. but why not they are our players.
    As on the first team mentioned on Doc's post the old guard their time is up for me. I have nothing against any of them thy have played their part in our history, but Football revolves and to keep up with the Jonesy's you have to make bold decisions and think of the future rather than being loyal.
    Cooper,Dallas,Ayling,Llorente,Klich,Forshaw should not be in our squad next season some shouldn't be in it this season.
    Massive questions marks over Firpo,Bamford. Firpo is supposed to be our first choice LB and can't get past a player who is a CB in his position baffling how we didn't bring a new one in it's a massive booboo. The club think we have players who can play in multiple positions maybe they can at lower level but not the Prem. Bamford has more of a chance but how long to we wait? He's done nowt but the club is a season and a half yes, it's not his fault but this is the Premier League you get found out trying to cover the gaps.
    We have a structure in finding new players but my god we are slow at getting people over the line by trying to be clever then end up losing them.

NostradEmus likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Lots to unpack there from Siddas and the points made about loyalty are a problem. We had great service from Cooper, Klich, Dallas and Ayling. Forshaw slightly different as he spent 2 years on the sidelines and has injury issues. However at 32 Ayling who is out of contract in the summer needs to be replaced because if he gets another deal we will be talking about it again when he is 33yo and asking ourselves how has he only played half or less than half the games? That’s what’s happened to Ayling as he is injured more every season, gives penalties away and gets suspended for cards. I thank him for his service but… same goes for Cooper and Klich.

Drameh is a strange one as he accepted that the club would either transfer him or bring him in from the cold after returning from Cardiff. Marsch said he liked the look of Drameh and had spoken to him….. so we assume that as he was staying he would be pushing for replacing Ayling, yet he has been kept back for the 21s. The signals and I accept none of us know whats been said, but my view is he has been told Ayling is going to get a new deal and Drameh would be 3rd choice, so he’s told them he’s off. Yes under all this the club may have decided he isn’t as good as he thinks he is, I don’t know. Sure we will get to know what was said and done as soon as he goes

18. Eireleeds1

:embarrassed: Do you think I’m bloody made of money. I don’t care what you think, they’ll have to do for another couple of seasons

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting sick and tired of Bamford

20. Eireleeds1

What do you think? <wah>