1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Sep 17, 2021.

1. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

He difference between Roberts and Gelhardt at all levels of International he played 23 times at all ages and scored 5 goals

Gelhardt played 28 games at all age levels and scored 23 goals

No comparison

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

1511319486215.jpg

ristac and leeds down south like this.
  4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Nketiah played 38 times at all age levels for England and netted 35 times. Arsenal want 20 million for him.

Doc likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If you want to add Spains No9 to this comparison. Rodrigo played 37 times for Spain at all age groups before full International level and scored 24 goals so not even he has Joffy’s record

NostradEmus likes this.
  6. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Good point Emu.

No takers for Nketiah though at PL level.

NostradEmus likes this.
  7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Fascinating stats - personally I think performances at youth level are completely irrelevant but fascinating nonetheless. <laugh>

I really like gelhardt, I know a guy involved with Wigan and he was gutted we got him… and for the price we did. The thing is he’s not really competing with Roberts but with bamford, and second choice for paddy is Rodrigo, (with someone else taking rod’s AM role). So I guess that’s why we’ve not seen him yet, but like most I’d love to see him get a run out and Fulham seems a good opportunity.

Trust the manager to play him when he’s ready.

8. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Gelhardt is a player who excites me. Cresswell is the other who looks set to make it. I feel Summerville, Drameh & Greenwood still have work to do but luckily for Summerville injuries have came at the right time for him so he’ll get his chance to show what he’s about on Tuesday. Hopefully he can show us that he should be 4th choice winger or in a best case scenario pushing the other 3. I think Cresswell will also get a game on Tuesday, will be great to see another young CB come through especially with Cooper and Ayling both being older members of the team, losing Bera and Koch/Llorente being so injury prone. If he has a good game against Fulham he’ll make a good case for starting alongside Coops Saturday if Ayling is injured.

My worry with Gelhardt will be Bielsa wanting to give Roberts and Klich more game time and possibly wanting Rodrigo to play as the 9. Hoping he’ll try saving Rodrigo and starting Gelhardt up top though with our injuries atm.

On Tuesday I’d like to see a strong team that bloods a couple of the youth players. My lineup would be Meslier, Shackleton, Cresswell, Cooper, Firpo, Phillips, Summerville, Forshaw, Roberts, James, Gelhardt.

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

would be happy with that line up but I would be happier with Klaeson who had a great game today keeping Liverpool out. Drameh as he was a former Fulham player Cresswell and Cooper and Firpo. Forshaw as DM Summerville and James on the wings, Rodrigo and Klich with Gelhardt up top.

foolee likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Had forgotten that Ian St John dies earlier this year and now his best mate Greavsie gone too. Saint and Greavsie would never be allowed today but was the best football magazine prog on the telly. When I think about the state of the woke Football Focus today……

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’d play Drameh and Summerville on the right, they know each other’s game. I’d use Shackleton to the right of a midfield defensive two offering a bit of cover if needed for the young lads.

Gessa and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  12. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

ristac likes this.
  13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I think so now that you mention it.<ok>