1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome to Swansea Ryan Woods

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swimaway, Aug 4, 2018.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

This seems to be the nightmare scenario...… let's hope this doesn't materialise in full or it would be Championship suicide.

please log in to view this image

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Bloody hell - seems like a revolving door. I bet there will be more Outs than Ins this week...

3. PGFWhite

A few of those didn't play a part on Saturday, but to lose Fernandez and Amat is short sighted. If they have to go I would wait until January to give the Club some sort of stability.

Somehow, Potter has got to manage a team amongst this mess!

4. Taffvalerowdy

Agreed - but although some didn’t play last Saturday, we need ‘bodies’ for the squad for another 45 League matches <cheers>

5. Taffvalerowdy

Apparently Carl (sicknote) Jenkinson’s girlfriend has posted photos from this morning at The Liberty......

6. PGFWhite

I totally agree with that, but I wasn't expecting the absentees to be part of the plans for this season. It looks as though a few U23's will be roped in!

7. PGFWhite

On her way to Tenby for a holiday?<laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I hope so.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Funnily enough so am I ,fish supper and a couple of Tenby Harbwr ales me thinks

neveroffsidereff and PGFWhite like this.
  10. PGFWhite

.....and good weather tonight and tomorrow<ok>

11. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

It’s all a la Gylfi, nobody comes in until someone goes, yet we’re desperately close to that window ‘slamming shut’, fvckin arseholes. Do these fvckers ever learn. Will start the season playing catch up to all the clubs that have invested in their squads. Quick to sell Mawson for £15m minus the sell-on clauses. Lucasz the same, could have really strung that out for more cash...We really are amateurs to the highest degree when it comes to deals...

12. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

30 odd million pounds sold off along with the wages going out, please just a little bit back to get the fans excited, will get so much more from them in terms of noise at the ground knowing the club has made an effort to put a tidy side on the pitch, rather than lining the yanks pockets.

13. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

As Johnny Nash would say there are more questions than answers!

14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I can see the boardroom ****ers messing this Woods deal up good and proper, seems they think he's not worth the £6.5 Million, Joe Allen all over again, and they will do this knowing that he's Potters top target!!.......................:emoticon-0130-devil

PGFWhite likes this.
  15. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

16. PGFWhite

When it comes to getting rid of players we can get 13 out the door in no time. When it comes to a purchase you can feel the pain as the cheque book comes out.

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

For certain its not made of Velcro

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Clueless at Stoke, who want to move fast on the deal of £6 Million? I bet they do!!.. only a demented clown like Jenkins could lose £10 Million in under 12 months on a single transfer...............<laugh>

19. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Don't think its Jenkins anymore Phill, the owners have their arms to their elbows, stuffed firmly up his arse.

I imagine too, that they've written their transfer policy on very large, laminate, idiot cards for Potter, his staff, the new scouting team and Jenkins, their board room puppet, to pull out and follow to the letter when dealing with transfers.

Their policy is: 1-4-1, ONE out then and only then ONE cheaper in, that's it, end of, written in stone, or on plastic.

Don't see Amat going anywhere and Fernadez has allegedly already gone to Newcastle? So we can't sell Amat.

That means we've lost Fernandez, no big shakes imo, and Mawson so even with Amat we are threadbare at the back. This would be compounded if they let Naughton go, if they do then there's no cover at CB, or on either side at FB. If Rodon, and the U23's don't step up and hit the turf running we're in big, big trouble.

Clucass out, fingers crossed, then and only then Woods in. Not heard a thing about Fulton but he can't go anywhere now, surely.

We have over 50 games, including cups, to get through this season. I don't see our youngsters lasting the pace, through strain and injury. Our owners business plan has always been to turn a promising Premier League football club into their very own lean, mean, money making machine and their current business practices are proof, if anyone needed it, that Asset Stripping is their game not cultivating Swansea City FC for future success.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I think the loss of Fede will be felt this season, although he can't pass a ball to one of ours and loses concentration at times , he is still more reliable than Amat ( hard to say whether he's improved after last seasons loan), as you say and I totally agree , they're more concerned about the short term money saving than the future of the Club , you've all played a blinder Jerkins, Morgan Dineen et al by the unmitigated disaster you've created over the past 3 years :headbang:

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.