1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well I didnt see that coming....

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, May 21, 2024.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Poch is gone.
    Didnt see that coming, especially after the way the season ended.....
    Not sure whether I am excited or not.
    Just feel numb.

I swear if they appoint De Zerbi I am gonna lose my ****

remembercolinlee and BobbyD like this.
  2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

…….just as Pochettino and his team were gelling a young team with real success - the clueless Yanks get rid of them.

remembercolinlee and Bodinki like this.
  3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

In February I was all for getting rid of Poch at the end of the season, as we had spent the season bouncing up and down between 9th and 12th, but it started, in the last 5-6 weeks, like his system was just starting to take hold and despite the ridiculous injury list, we managed to string some wins together and end the season on a high, and qualified for Europe. Other players were starting to perform, instead of just Palmer dragging the team up on his todd.
    The defence had started to look tighter, players like Gallagher, Jackson, Madueke, Caicedo and Chalobah had started playing like we knew they could, **** even Mudryk had a couple of decent performances!

This is when they decide to get rid of the manager?
    It says Mutual consent, so I can only surmise that his vision on how to proceed did not match that of the people upstairs.
    Which also begs the question.....Why employ a project manager and then dump him less than a year into said project, when progress was being made?
    Okay we didnt get top 4, but did the board really expect us to with this squad? We went from 12th to 6th, and got into a cup final and a semi final.
    Seems like progress to me.

I dont love Poch, far from it, so am not inconsolable, more confused and irritated.

The next manager better not be some no mark **** like McKenna or De Zerbi....but I get the feeling it will be, because our owners are terminally stupid and ignorant.

4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Bit disappointing. Started slowly but we did seem to be heading in the right direction, especially this year. Can’t say he was perfect and I didn’t agree with all of his decisions but a cup semi, final & a 6th place finish without our two 50m signings, our best player and captain and then multiple other short/mid term injuries he absolutely deserved another year.

Back to square one, with a new younger manager they’re looking to appoint, just to add to our lack of experience on the pitch then.

5. Bristol Blue

…….I was warming to Pochettino, the double over the Spuds and the final games of the season had me full of hope for next season. I was actually thinking the owners from the Yankee nation were on the right track. I think the club needs new ownership because there really was nothing wrong on the pitch during the last dozen games and Pochettino was getting it right.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Also, Poch has been full of nothing but praise for Gallagher and Chalobah, especially in recent weeks.
    My fear, and I am just guessing this, is that the board called Poch to an end of season meeting and told him they plan to sell those two players this summer, and Poch, rightfully, told them they are ****ing insane and he cannot build a team if the club sell his best players and want him to try to make expensive flops like Enzo and Mudryk work, when they are ****e.
    Again, just a guess, but the fact that he left this soon, on the back of a good string of results, tells me that something like this may have happened.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am serious though, I dont want to be hearing any **** about De Zerbi or McKenna being considered, I mean it.....Or I am done.

remembercolinlee and Gareth1808 like this.
  8. Bristol Blue

……bring back super Tommy Tuchel.

9. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Have to say the list of names is VERY uninspiring. McKenna hasn’t even managed a game in the top flight so even less experience than Potter! Vincent Kompany?! We should be protesting if he gets it, yikes. Thomas Frank is a modern day Tony Pulis. The other names are the Stuttgart and Girona managers who I know absolutely nothing about.

remembercolinlee and Bodinki like this.
  10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah its bullshit.
    I am not even sure who I want them to appoint, but I know for damn sure I, and most Chelsea fans, do not want McKenna, Da zerbi or Kompany anywhere near the club.

remembercolinlee likes this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

All logic says Poch should be working hard off season to get the Team sorted for next one. It is pretty obvious that Boehly and the Circus of Clowns running the show, want a puppet to bend to their every whim and not have a say in players, or how to actually improve the Team.
    The absolute last thing we need is a "young " Manager that the Clowns can instruct how to coach their "young" Team and follow "The Project".
    But obviously that's exactly what we'll get, someone to take orders and behave.
    If there was any doubt Chelsea is a basket case off the pitch from top to bottom, that's now gone.
    I have a new respect for Poch, who I don't rate that highly as a Manager, simply because he told them to shove it up their Corporate arses.
    I suspect that every Manager capable of doing the job will do the same, leaving only the also rans and inexperienced interested.
    Winstanley and Stewart seem to escape all criticism from the Circus Ringmasters, yet appear to be about as useful as a spare tyre on a ship.
    Who in their right mind would want the job managing under this mob?? ???? Sorry, it's no longer Manager it's now Head Coach according to the Ringmaster.

Last edited: May 22, 2024
  12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

These fat yanks need to **** off from the club

Bristol Blue and Bodinki like this.
  13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Tommy is shocking. Yea he won as a CL but his footie is boring and he hasn't ever challenged in the league. He can't even win with a souped up Bayern side.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I agree.
    Utter ****e.
    Its one thing if they had managed to appoint an awesome replacement, like Ancelotti or Alonso, or Amorim.
    But some of the names being banded about, ****ing McKenna, a guy who has never managed at the top level of football in his life, Kompany who has just gotten relegated from the PL with Burnley, and Da Zerbi, because he won a handful of games at Brighton.
    Yeah, how did Potter work out you stupid ****ing ignorant yank ****s

Bristol Blue likes this.
  15. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

You need a tried and tested euro cup winner.

upload_2024-5-22_13-24-44.png

remembercolinlee and Treble like this.
  16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

id prefer Moyes to Da Zerbi or McKenna, and thats no lie
    Moyes wouldnt put up with being a yes man for Clearlake though, so I dont see it happening

17. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Depends on what you'd accept tbh, style wise he makes Mourinho look like De Zerbi.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  18. Bristol Blue

……just makes you realise how dense the Yankee nation owners are. The last games under Pochettino saw a young Chelsea side finally gelled together and playing exciting football. Pochettino is a good manager of younger players and that’s what we knew before he signed for us. The owners are not liked and they had a chance to redeem themselves with Pochettino. Unless the Yanks sign a top European manager we’ll be back on the road to nowhere.

Chelsea Pensioner and BobbyD like this.
  19. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Seems the talk is that Boehly was for Poch staying but Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano wanted him gone. So obviously Eggbali is the real Ringmaster and his mate Jose Feliciano plays the tunes for Stewart and Winstanley to dance to. I always liked Jose Felicianos' version of "Light my Fire" and wondered what happened to him. Now I know! A blind musician seems a strange choice to decide on player recruiting and sales, but hey, that's Chelsea and explains a lot.
    Not sure about Eghbali suggesting Stevie Wonder as Coach, but he'd be better than Kompany, De Zebri or McKenna.!!!

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Bristol Blue likes this.
  20. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Was looking forward to next season already but then predictably a new installment of the Chelsea "soap opera" drops. All things considered, so many new players, long term injuries, and a manager in his first season, i actually think Poch overachieved ! So it's back to square 1 again. Who would i want as manager ? No idea to be honest. Da Zerbie...overhyped, McKenna...no top-flight experience, and Kompany...by all accounts going to Bayern (can someone explain that to me) is one of the most bizarre moves i've ever heard in football. Big Sam anyone ?

Bristol Blue and BobbyD like this.