1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wembley 2024 Posh v Chairboys 7th April 24

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Minxy. Well done. Hope you are keeping well. Good luck in the League

2. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

What can anyone say it was a very even game I think we played as well as we could, I thought it was a bit off by Bloomfield to play Lonwijk who has only played 9 times for us & also a loan player instead of either Low or Taf even though the defence played well, again I think Vokes would have given Peterborough's defence a more torrid time for 70 mins with his experience over Kone who was still playing non-league at Christmas. When you look at the experience of the two managers Blooms was always going to be up against it a bit. Having watched the second goal, it was very windy outside the stadium even though you couldn't feel it inside, it looked like any wind there was caught the ball & totally decived Ravizzoli (Oxford scored like that), it certainly wasn't what you would call even a good cross he completely balloned the ball, .
    As for Chiltern Trains what ever they got wrong after the Sunderland game they certainly put right this time (especially when you think they were on strike two days before), my garandson & myself certainly didn't rush out after the game, we were on a train by 7.15pm, back in Wycombe by 7.45 & back home by 9.30.

Ron likes this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Kone was there for his pace and it nearly paid off early on. Once they got the hang of him I think Vokes should have come on instead of Wheeler. Would have been suicidal to take off Forino who was immense. Apart from Kone it would have been very difficult for me to have taken anyone off, unless injured. I thought they all played well against a very well drilled team. Very unfortunate to lose the way they did. It didn't even look dangerous and I couldn't believe the ball ended up in the net

4. philhythe

You could probably see more on the telly of the first half than we could at the opposite end.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep? very good view. We had 3 very good chances in the first half which, on another day, could have gone in. Never mind. I was in a very bad mood last night but I got over when the curries were served up <laugh>

6. philhythe

After watching our performance on Sunday, I decided to take the plunge & go & watch the Derby game with my Grandson on Wednesday

7. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Just about recovered We started very well but once they got on top they deserved to win although it could have gone either way disappointed with our crowd very flat we couldn't keep a song going for more than a minute I gave up in the end <steam>

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would have been very different if it was the Play Off final

Guywanderer likes this.
  9. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Oh yes, it really would and I would have been angry and annoyed. But a cup final and mid table is better than I predicted so well done to MB on his first full season.

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  10. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

Thank you - love Posh to win but can't see us surviving if we did make the Championship

Im fine thanks - all the better for becoming a grandma last July - another little posh fan :emoticon-0100-smile

Ron likes this.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh no <laugh>
    Congratulations <bubbly> <hug>