1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WGC Cadillac Championship at the TPC Blue Monster golf course, Florida

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Mar 6, 2013.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

As i havnt had a computer this week because of a faulty router i havnt really looked into this weeks offering with any great depth. So i am going along with my instinct as to who we can get into the top 6 and a potential pay out...

Keegan Bradley @ 22/1...
    Bo Van Pelt @ 66/1...

These 2 are my go to players for now...

I do know that from the brief read of this course you need to be on the money in terms of hitting the fairway. Last years stats making it the 10th hardest course to hit... So with this in mind im going with Jason Dufner as he is top of the driving stats at the mo...

Scrambling seems easy, as dos the birdie fest that you can happen here, so with that in mind one with the best all round game at the moment gets my other vote. Robert Garrigus ranks top in that department for the year so far...

Jason Dufner @ 50/1...
    Robert Garrigus @ 50/1...

Good luck as usual...PadPow pay 1/4 odds top 5 places...<cheers>

2. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Goodluck Red

I passed on Keegan this week

Only picked the 3

Geoff Ogilvy 60/1 - Not quite the 175/1 from last week but still a tasty price. If last week was anything to go by, this former major and 3 time WGC winner could pop up at any time £2.50ew

Nicolas Colsaerts 90/1 - I can see this guy doing well on the Blue Monster this week. His price could be very tasty come Sunday £2 ew

Louis Oosthuizen 40/1 - This is a cracking price, one of the best ball strikers on the planet. Swings beautifully, and if he gets into a good rhythm will be hard to beat. £3.50ew

£16 staked. Paid for by Geoff!!

3. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 1st round...

5 way tie at the top with -6...

T10 - Bo Van Pelt ................ -4
    T10 - Keegan Bradley........... -4
    T16 - Jason Dufner.............. -3
    T16 - Geoff Ogilvy............... -3
    T24 - Louis Oosthuizen......... -2
    T32 - Nicolas Colsaerts......... -1
    T58 - Robert Garrigus........... +3

Woods, Jacobsen, Garcia, McDowell and Watson all shot a impressive opening score of 66 to lead the tournament at -6. As i said earlier its a tough course off the tee but isnt the most challenging getting to the green, or on it. Lets just hope our picks can stay on the coat tails of the leaders...<cheers>

4. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 2nd round...

Leader - Tiger Woods @ -13

T7 - Keegan Bradley........... -8
    T10 - Jason Dufner.............. -6
    T32 - Nicolas Colsaerts........ -2
    T41 - Bo Van Pelt............... -1
    T41 - Geoff Ogilvy.............. -1
    T48 - Louis Oosthuizen........ +1
    T63 - Robert Garrigus.......... +6

Looks like its the tail of the Tiger that we have to cling onto as Tiger Woods tore up the Florida course to post a very impressive 65 to follow his 66 yesterday. Only Duffman and Keegan look like getting any place money at this stage...<ok>

5. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 3rd round...

Leader - Tiger Woods @ -18

T5 - Keegan Bradley........... -11
    T11 - Jason Dufner.............. -9
    T16 - Nicolas Colsaerts........ -7
    T32 - Bo Van Pelt ............... -2
    T32 - Louis Oosthuizen........ -2
    T41 - Geoff Ogilvy.............. E
    64 - Robert Garrigus.......... +8

The Tiger Woods story continued last night with another sub par round of 67 to go into today's round with a very comfortable 4 shot lead over G-Mac... It should be all over bar the shouting... Bradley is the closest we have to getting anything back off this tournament, who is lying in T5th place...<ok>

6. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Woods is back isn't he, driving looked good, putting excellent, short game in good shape. Bookies going to be sh****ng it now and make him 5/2 for the Masters after that. Stricker did ok but it was really all over before the final round today. Hard to believe they are tearing that course up, look forward to seeing what the new changes will be like.

7. redcgull

Final day leaderboard... Winner Tiger Woods @ -19

7 - Keegan Bradley.......... -12
    T12 - Jason Dufner.............. -9
    T18 - Nicolas Colsaerts........ -7
    T33 - Louis Oosthuizen......... -2
    T39 - Bo Van Pelt................ E
    T47 - Geoff Ogilvy.............. +2
    65 - Robert Garrigus........... +12

Your right Humans, Tiger is back...!!! His 2nd tour win this year and he was impressive for all 4 rounds, which in the past few years he hasnt been. Very noticeable that Adam Scott and Rory shot the best rounds of the day, a 64, -8 for Scott, and a 65, -7 for Rory. So i wouldn't go to over board with what Tiger did here but what we do know is that he will be a big force this year if he carries this form on for a while. Its good to see him back to his best and lets hope now that Rory gets his **** together and we can have a summer of dueling on the golf course...<ok>