1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread WHam v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by saintPort&Ginger, Apr 24, 2024.

?

Will we...

1. Win,

14.3%
  2. lose,

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. or draw?

14.3%
  4. Does it matter?

28.6%
  5. We've done better than expected this season

42.9%
  1. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Where as I’m over it. Klopp said it’s done and dusted so why the need to bring it up again,

Klopps had run in with players before, don’t remember any of them having to come out and apologise. Keep eveything in house and be done with it is my opinion.

ps, not saying you’re wrong or in right. Just think what ever happens won’t please everyone.

THE FOOL and johnsonsbaby like this.
  2. saintPort&Ginger

It's not "bringing it up again" if it's an ongoing discussion. It's still all over the media and it's important for some fans at least to know where Mo's head is when considering whether or not we want him to stay.

3. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I read recently a story from Klavan about Klopp and Milner having a huge bust up in the changing room in front of the whole team that almost 'became physical'. Klopp ended up telling Milner to .... off. Good job that wasn't leaked at the time.

4. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

When I say bringing it up again, didn’t mean by you or us here or the media. Meant specifically by lfc. Klopp says it’s done, why the need to go back over it. Focus on the next game

Zanjinho and johnsonsbaby like this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Just to add to this... The club are always going to say Salah is staying whether he is or not. If he's leaving, they're not going to say that as they want top sale price.

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

The "incident" is 100% done and dusted, would have been resolved before getting on the coach.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  7. johnsonsbaby

Not posting this in the current match thread just because ..... I highly recommend anyone interested, to watch Klopp's pre-match interview, it's epic.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

He's basically said **** it from here. Thry can't even use thr biased refs stuff to give us 3 losses as he won't care.

Both barrells.

9. saintPort&Ginger

Still think most of these issues could be resolved by getting rid of unimportant internationals.

Zanjinho likes this.
  10. johnsonsbaby

Correct.

We're really going to miss him. I think he influenced the league in so many ways, from how managers interact with their players to being so honest, entertaining and brutal in his interviews. Expect more in those remaining.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

They had "turned" as the English media will from fawning to nothing but criticism so imo we will.miss him but his time was up and is up.

He's aged rapidly over the past 2 years and should really not go back into this management lark.

Better that he has a good life with his millions and does a bit of TV. If he takes another job in football he is a fool imo.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

They'll only fill them with fifa mandated club trips to the middle east.

Imo we will shortly see a lift of the squad number restrictions to allow for this and fifa will hold a massive club competition in Saudi every year on top of all of this just to rake it in.

It's coming.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Which are these?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  14. moreinjuredthanowen

The word you are looking for is "all"

15. saintPort&Ginger

In my view these:
    However I recognise that some people like internationals for some strange reason, but England playing Andorra or San Marino for example is the very definition of pointless in footballing terms.

Love 'em or hate 'em, I don't see how anyone can dispute the fact that international breaks are a major contributor to fixture congestion.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yeah, bit like them pre season friendy games that clubs play. Pointless adding more games and chances of injury to a players season.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

When do you think the managers get a chance to get his squad together and train them in systems he want's to play to see who can fit in?

18. saintPort&Ginger

International managers? I'd give them a few weeks before the tournaments when the season is over.
    Obviously I'm reflecting my personal priorities here, because I'm not nationalistic and I have no emotional investment in the national team - if all internationals ceased forthwith it wouldn't bother me.
    Not everyone thinks the same. I recognised that in my previous post, you didn't answer any of the issues I brought up. If you'd like to do that we could perhaps have a discussion, if you're just being argumentative I'm not interested.

Diego likes this.
  19. johnsonsbaby

I think Klopp looked about 5 years older the minute he stopped wearing glasses. Look at pictures of anyone who wore glasses for a long time who had laser treatment or changed to contacts and you will see the instant ageing particularly around the eye area. His energy level has definitely dropped, which is the reason he's stated for getting out.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Who you play (San Marino etc) is irrelavent. The reason these friendlies are playede mid season is to get the players in form and see who can carry it over to the international team.
    If they played all the friendlies pre season and some got injured then many would complain that their players had been tired out/injured before the season even started.