1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a difference a good model makes!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by malagamackem, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

Look at what happens when any striker will do ,, Everton were so desperate on deadline day anyone would have done , they were linked with a different striker every half an hour.
    Obviously I don't know but the club brought in a striker , had Stewart and were expecting Simms, Stewart got injured and the Simms deal fell through.
    I do however believe we would have had other targets in mind but they may not have been available at such a late stage.
    If that's the case I'd rather we stick with what we have then sign someone that doesn't tick all the boxes.
    The majority of our transfers have come from data, the club will have gone through loads options and picked out who fits.
    It's worked so far so why alter it

2. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I think both Speakman and our owner are difficult to pigeonhole. Strong ideas and promises can made but can change their minds and be sneaky about. One of them is a bit of a Patrick Reed, cheats at golf a bit

I am pretty sure as TM said in his presser, yes we had other targets that would fit our model, but could not get them in. Presumably how much we were prepared to pay came into it, as well as the players/club willingness for him to move.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

I think it might have been different if we were sitting just outside the relegation places as well. All things to be taken into account.

Hudson92 and Iain like this.
  4. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

We aren’t going to get relegated so it will give our young team time to enjoy the rest of the season and improve, I couldn’t care less if we don’t get in the top six, we don’t need to this season

Son of Baxter likes this.