1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic What Are You Watching

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Series 1 of that is fantastic! I loved it, don't get too excited for series 2 though!

2. Home on the range canary

Home on the range canary Well-Known Member

Phenomenal- season 2 was not very good, matthew mcconaughy (however you spell it) and Woody Harrelson both superb

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Is Shaun the sheep too highbrow for the rest of you?

please log in to view this image

4. Forgot_My_Lines

o0o0o0ooooh Just seen a trailer for new Fargo. Looks interesting!!

5. Forgot_My_Lines

"Documentary Now!" with Bill Hader and Fred Armisen. Pretty funny and strange as you'd expect.

Also "Wayward Pines" it's good, not what I expected. Interesting to see where they go with it. Reminds me of the feel of Twin Peaks in the first few episodes, but has change. Doesn't feel like that kind of show anymore.

6. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Just got the one episode left to watch of the first season - absolutely brilliant so far, one of the best things I have ever seen of this ilk. The acting is phenomenal, as is some of the dialogue and it's so beautifully shot as well, fantastic.

I've not heard anyone say a single good thing about the second season, but we'll give it a go anyway.

By the way I filmed Tipping Point last week (daytime ITV quiz show hosted by Ben Shepherd), I'm not really supposed to announce how I got on but let's just say it was a rather profitable day all-in-all..... :emoticon-0127-lipss<party>

7. canary-dave

When are you on?

8. Tony_Munky_Canary

Haven't been given a date yet, but it looks like it will most likely be early part of next year as they've been filming three a day since August so have quite a back log. I'll be sure to let you all know though, if only so you can take the juice out of the horrendouse shirt I wore on the day <doh>

Bloody brilliant day that was - given me the urge to apply for more of them!

FleetCanary likes this.
  9. canary-dave

Was it an 1p5wich shirt? <yikes>

10. Tony_Munky_Canary

It wasn't quite that horrendous

canary-dave likes this.

11. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

They do like the loud shirts, I've been on Pointless and two tribes and in three shows they asked me to wear hawiian on all 3! Neither were profitable though! :emoticon-0121-angry

Did anyone catch the start of the second series of the "moaning of life"? I loved the first series and "an idiot abroad was at times genius, but something seemed to have been lost this time around, it was definitely flat and not up to previous standards.

Bah!

12. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

The current highlight for me is quizzy Mondays with University Challenge and then Only Connect. I hardly get any right but constantly trying to work out the obscurity of OC, sometimes it is too warped for words.

13. Rubik tube

Rubik tube New Member

OoOoOoOooooh, just seen the first episode. Is interesting!!

Forgot_My_Lines likes this.
  14. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Has anyone else checked out 'Talking Pictures TV' on Freeview CH81 ?

If like me you're a fan of classic British Film and TV it's a must. It's also available on free to air satellite TV (switch Freesat box to STB mode CH5059) and Sky CH343. Picture quality is excellent on Freeview as although it's not an HD channel it's broadcast from an HD multiplex so you need a Freeview HD TV or box to view. Subsequently though the picture is upscaled really well and old movies look great. Satellite pictures as with many SD channels is fairly low bit rate so not such a great viewing experience.

http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/

15. Forgot_My_Lines

Saw season 1 of Homeland at last, was very good. I can see what all the hype was about. The suspense of the season finale was a little lost on us as we already knew certain characters were in the later seasons, but that is our fault for waiting so long to see it.

I've started the final season of 24, which will be sad to finish. Think we will give a go to "The 100" next.

16. Newforest Yellow

Not sure about the 100, I've watched it so far and I'll probably watch the next series, but tend to record and fast forward through some of it.
    I did recently watch the box set of breaking bad over 3 weeks, I'm probably the last person to watch it. I enjoyed it, got wound up by it, and felt that some things dragged on a bit, but overall brilliant. Watching back to back episodes did leave me feeling that my brain was melting!
    I'm hoping we get to see Heroes Reborn in the UK sometime.

17. Forgot_My_Lines

Breaking Bad is my all time favorite show. I was obsessed by it and was so gutted when it ended. Closest I have gotten to that since is Sons Of Anarchy. Had the same effect on me. The writing was just so good, and got better and better as it went on. Was distraught when that ended too. Not found a show that has hooked me like those 2 yet. 24 gets pretty damn close, but it just gets too predictable, which sometimes makes it a bit annoying from about the 4-5 season on. I really enjoy watching Walking Dead, and quiet like Game Of Thrones...but can't see why they are SO hyped! They are very decent, but The writing isn't anywhere near BB or SOA. Walking Dead is up there with 24 for shows I'm really hooked on. But it's not as consistantly good, and doesn't always make me desperate for the next episode like the other two. I really like House. I am saving the last season as I don't want to say goodbye to Mr House. It's a bit like 24. When it's good, it is mind blowing. But there are too many filler episodes. There are a fair few episodes in house that are just genius and leave you a mess, and running it over and over in your head, but then there are plenty of filler episodes that don't have the punch. As a TV show, House is right up there for me though.

18. Newforest Yellow

House was brilliant, seems so long ago now. Did you ever watch LieTo Me with Tim Roth?

19. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

I loved BB too, but did you not see Peaky Blinders? Just as good if not better in my book.

20. Forgot_My_Lines

I have seen the first series, really enjoyed it. Going to watch the second soon. Wouldn't say it was up there with BB from the first season, but I understand it keeps getting better, so looking forward to the second series.