1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic What Are You Watching

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Nope, is on my Netflix list but isn't one that has ever jumped out as one I need to see asap.Haven't heard much buzz about it either. Just that it's pretty decent. It's a good show then?

2. Newforest Yellow

I did enjoy it and it was a shame when it was cancelled (like Firefly was) but the later series weren't getting the American numbers viewing it. Worth a watch I think.

3. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

can anyone give a review of The Detectorists (The Mackenzie Crook series). Series 2 goes this week and as we haven't watched the first we are tempted to give this the swerve and then buy the 2 series on DVD. Based on the first, is this a good call? I have always liked him particularly from his role as Gareth in The Office where he was superb.

4. Forgot_My_Lines

Ok cool. Don't think it would be high up on my must watch list, but I'll move it up a few places. Firefly was another on my list, but not watched them yet. I need to space out the shows that really look dated. I watched Jeicho a little while ago, so need a bit of a break before trying firefly. I think of them in the same category.

5. Newforest Yellow

6. Forgot_My_Lines

7. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

I also loved Breaking Bad, and recently finished watching it all over again for the second time, which was probably even better than the first time around. As for Game of Thrones, I can definitely see why it is so hyped, I personally think it's incredible and probably my favourite of all the boxset stuff. I'm currently watching all that again as well. now onto season 4 and that has definitely been even better second time around, so many little things I didn't pick up on that now make sense. I think it is fantastically well written, I know it based on the books but some of the dialogue is superb, particularly the many scenes with two characters - I love the exchanges between Tyrion and Varys, both brilliant characters brilliantly acted. It looks absolutely stunning as well, the scenery and costumes are amazing and I think it's genius how so many characters and plotlines are crow-barred into just ten episodes each season.

I watched the first two seasons of Homeland and that was enough for me, the missus loved it and has carried on but I personally couldn't stand it and found myself shouting at the telly most episodes. It was just so cliched, so stereotyped and just so bloody American, I'm actually surprised I made it through to the end of the second season!

8. Forgot_My_Lines

I watched BB again too, to introduce it to the gf.

I take all your points on game of thrones, It's just a bit Harry Potter, elves and wizards for me. That's what stops it being one of my all time favs.For me to watch the first 4 seasons, and going to watch the 5th sometime soon. Shows that it is good.

Homeland I really enjoyed the first season. will watch the second. I'm trying to get myself up for Boardwalk Empire season 2. I watched The first season a couple of years ago or so, but it was pretty slow and grueling...Can't remember much that happened.

9. Forgot_My_Lines

Oooooh.."The 100" is such cheesy writing, dialog and acting. This must dramatically improve in series 2, to get the hype it receives.

10. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

Did you try the Breaking Bad spin-off 'Better Call Saul'?

11. Forgot_My_Lines

Yes I did. It was decent, and I liked the familiar feel. It never actually got that exciting at any point though. The whole season seemed to be setting the scene. Will watch Season 2. Hopefully there will be a major event, to kick things off.

12. wellyblue

Couldn't have put it better! Loved Mikey being in it, one of my favourite characters from BB.

13. Forgot_My_Lines

Yea, it is great to see him again. I've heard Walter might come into it for little parts. An early Cameo from him in season 2 might lift some excitement. Although I think season 1 was pretty far in the past. While he was still just a teacher. So would either need to jump forward in time for season 2, or he won't be involved for a few seasons.

14. wellyblue

Looking back, I think BB started off a bit slow but soon got going. I think that Vince Gilligan knows what he's doing when producing a show so I think/hope season 2 will get things going...it was also nice to see that nutcase methhead Tuco in it, doing his mum's ironing wasn't he? <laugh>

15. Forgot_My_Lines

Haha! Yup! Little Mummys boy! I have faith in Vince's writting.

16. Newforest Yellow

Cheesy is right, Not sure season 2 was much better, a few interesting moments but some annoying characters. Keep the fast forward button handy.

17. Forgot_My_Lines

Haha! That is what I was expecting really. Don't know if I can get to the end of this show.

18. Forgot_My_Lines

Ba*****s! The whole way season 2 of Boardwalk Empire I was so bored. It was as slow as season 1, not a lot happens. I'd decided I would give up on that show. Last 2 episodes were brilliant! 2 good episodes out of 12...and I think I have to continue. They better up their game Season 3.

19. Newforest Yellow

Watched 'Better Call Saul' this weekend. A bit lighter than BB but did enjoy it, and seeing the BB characters again. Hopefully there will be more.

20. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

I loved 'Better Call Saul', great prequel cum sequel to 'Breaking Bad'

Quite fancied his friend Kim. Delighted to find her real name is Seehorn. Perfect! :grin: