1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What do we need for the Premier League?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by leicester_ed, Apr 28, 2024.

1. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Phew! Now that it’s confirmed, what do you think we need to strengthen for the premier league?

For me, I think we’re in a very good place - let’s not forget how dominant we’ve been until the blip. I think we need:

Goalkeeper - no issues with Mads or the depth.

Defence - with Doyle going back, we could do with a left back to play his system. Choudhury has been great but I wonder if we’ll bring in another RB more similar to Ricardo as that position is so important to his system. Vestergaard has arguably been our player of the season and hopefully will sign a new contract but it was a bit worrying how easily Jackson ran around him each time in the Chelsea game. Also, let’s now forget that he was one of southamptons best players before Rodger’s tried making him play on the half way line.

Midfield - with Winks, KDH, Fatawu and Mavidi I imagine they’ll still start. Hopefully KDH will stay and Ndidi sign a new contract. I think in terms of starting players we could do with a new third central player, whether that’s to play advanced of the two or behind the two. I think we could do with one more winger for depth too.

Up front - we clearly need a new striker. It will be interesting to see who stays to be part of the depth and who goes. I reckon Vardy will stay one last year and I think Ihenacho will go. I can see Daka maybe staying but who knows. What was the point in Cannon?

2. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Vestegaard will get run ragged in the Premier League, Coady alongside Faes is a better option for me.
    I really liked what I saw of Cannon in the new year, he gave the Millwall defenders the runaround in the cup, but Daka just waltzed back into the team when he came back from the AfCoN. It would be a bit of a big ask to expect him to perform in the premier league next season so what do you do with him?
    I suppose we need to see whose contracts are renewed, that’s if we’re allowed to renew them, or if they want to stay anyway. I’d like to renew Praets contract as he seems to find space and use the ball really well, but his injury record is patchy at best.
    It would help if we could sell the likes of Soumare, Kristiansen and Iversen to raise some cash to hopefully appease the EFL and then maybe not have to sell Dewsbury Hall.

HarboroughFox and FosseFilberto like this.
  3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Defence ... Faes paired with a much quicker aerially dominant partner... wouldn't mind seeing JJ bulking up and moving to one of the CB roles ... but as we saw in the cup at Chelsea ... even average PL strikers like Jackson will breeze past Vestergaard...

4. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Assuming there will be a points deduction - it will be a season of real struggle. So grit, determination etc. is needed in spades. So whoever comes in or stays will have to buy into what undoubtedly will have to be a siege mentality. Enzo will be found out quickly if he can't change things when its not going so well (as it worryingly happened a bit recently) and finally something needs to change on matchdays ... the atmosphere is woeful - more like a viewing gallery than the cauldron it needs to be!

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Need to make the Kop 'safe standing' and concentrate the vocal support there ...

6. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Also - do we know what the likely outcome of the PL investigation will be? Points deduction? Transfer embargo?

7. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Given that they probably still hate us for upsetting the apple cart and getting out of our supposed lane, all of the above and anything else they can dream up!

FosseFilberto likes this.