1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where is the Southampton board?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by RickieLambertsGoldenBoot, May 26, 2014.

1. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

When Nicola Cortese was at the helm, as soon as a single rumour was released to the national media he would come out and calm us all.

But 95% of the time he kept things to himself.

The new team of board members promised 'transparency' and communication with the fans.

This is yet to happen.

This is not good going into the summer, the only good thing is that the World Cup might prove a bigger distraction.

The board need to come out now and outline one way or another what is happening.

(Will add more tomorrow but currently very tired and I have work at 5am).

2. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

"I've looked through the club and I have found we have a dynamic set of greatly talented individuals from the youth team staff, through to the lovely guy I met on my way in this morning. We shared a hugely positive and tight hug which left me energised and really bulldozed my endorphin production through the roof. I believe he was an Argentinian guy, never seem him before, but man it felt good to feel the affirmation around the club.

We're now undergoing a period of blue-sky thinking, and Katherina and I are taking a helicopter view of the club. We're looking to provide a scalable benchmark by developing from the ground up and providing a template for soccerball that will take the clubbusiness of Southampton Sharksaints into the 23rd century. We want to be the bleeding edge of what's possible by using a multifaceted approach to commercial sales and be the market leader when it comes to hospitality.

Oh. We need a team too? Sure, that's part of the dynamic blueprint that Katherina (I have great respect for her by the way, and a friendship that runs deep) and I have been running downstream.

Until next time,

Your best friend and motivational leader"

3. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

They can't say anything because they presumably don't know if poch is staying. I presume a new contract has been offered but he isn't 100% with it. The best we can hope for is that these 'talks' with spurs are just him finding out what they have to offer. I've tried dismissing it all as speculation but when it moves from the BBC gossip page to actual news you can't help fearing the worst.

It would appear KL wants to limit us to mid table success and keep us ticking over. In a realistic, responsible, sustainable manner. Sigh...

4. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

No he wouldn't. He made a handful of public pronouncements and I don't recall them ever being to quell rumours.

It has, they talked about the financial situation. With hindsight they might have decided not to!

They have also made several statements to the media (Reed's regarding transfers and Pochettino's contract, Krueger's numerous radio interviews...) which Cortese would probably not have done.

They will have to say something about the Pochettino situation, and I agree inasmuch as what they say will carry a lot of weight, but really there has been nothing for them to comment on as yet that they haven't commented on.

5. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Mustn't get too upset with Krueger though, he's only there to do the job Katherina wants him to do.

6. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

People focus way too much on Krueger. The whole (stated) reason for Cortese going was to move to a more collaborative model of management. He is not the autocrat Cortese was, and as far as I can tell he's not even an executive member of the board (happy to be corrected on that, but the point remains he is really just a chairman, not a key decision-maker).

7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

There must have been two Cortese's then.

8. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Have to agree, Nicola made hardly any comment about anything. To use the analogy of the present situation, how much notice did we get of Pardew going? Or Adkins? Or Nicola himself?

9. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Exactly.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Nicola certainly never kept us in the news....in fact he made a point of saying he wouldn't respond to rumours. A lot of people thought more openness would be great when Kreuger promised this. So we have gone from no news from someone who said they'd never respond to rumours to no news from someone who said they'd keep us informed....the result is the same.

I will continue to give the board the benefit of the doubt for the moment, because there is no choice. I want a rapid appointment of a good manager which indicates that they were being proactive and a positive statement of intent with regard to the team. Reed has already given one, but we may need that repeated when MP leaves.