1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who is going to win the league this year?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Sharpe*, Oct 18, 2016.

?

Who will be champions?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Arsenal

19.4%
  2. Chelsea

12.9%
  3. Liverpool

9.7%
  4. Manchester City

38.7%
  5. Manchester United

9.7%
  6. Tottenham

9.7%
  1. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

So then you cant really say or defend HIAG saying Wenger only won anything because of players bought by Graham.....Even the players like Keown, Adams and so on admit Wenger actually improved them as players and prolonged their playing career..Now I know who's opinion I would value more on this over yours and HIAG's...

PINKIE likes this.
  2. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

You need to look up the word 'factually'. If you know exactly why the Arsenal went through the 2003/04 season without losing a match and have not won the PL since then I suggest you stop wasting time posting on here and apply to be Wenger's replacement.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  3. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

I think having less money, building new stadium and having to sell players to pay the debt might have something to do with...it doesn't take a genius to work that one out dude!

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Stop squirming <laugh> You're making it worse for yourself.

You're admitting that you don't think Keown and Parlour were a key ingredient, thereby confirming that Wenger built that invincibles team and in the process confirming that HIAG is talking complete nonsense.

Why are you still trying to defend it ?

5. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

Because he is a Spud!

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's like an older sibling sticking up for his 'special' little brother.

He knows he's making a complete arse of himself, but he feels compelled to defend him in public, whilst in private he probably bemoans the fact that he is cursed to have such ****witted kin.

7. PowerSpurs

You see, we could actually have a sensible discussion without having to say something else is bollocks. I think its more because money talks and Chelsea and City joined United and Liverpool in having a lot more money than Arsenal who have done very well to stay in the top 4. But there is one thing that confuses me about Wenger's results: why are they so consistent. Every other team has dropped out of it one year or another, but four teams have won the title more recently despite that. is there something about his tactics that causes that.

8. PowerSpurs

Amazing non sequitur: You really think that my opinions about Keown and Parlour CONFIRM a separate conjecture?
    And my prediction is already coming to pass

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Fair play, although I suspect you know that you were trying to defend utter bollocks :) Anyway, I agree that the money changed the game. When Arsenal moved from Highbury, it coincided with a massive financial injection into Chelsea, then City and to a lesser degree Utd and Liverpool. Arsenal's financial projections for sales of the redeveloped Highbury was also hit by a slump in the housing market, but the whole landscape of transfers and wages was utterly skewed by the Sugar Daddies paying inflated fees and wages for players that Wenger would have been able to sign previously.

We took a different approach and tried to develop youth, but it never really enabled us to compete at the top (although several of Wenger's teams did challenge for the title before falling away when we lost key players to injury) That was exacerbated by our best players being lured away to clubs who would pay them 2x what Arsenal were paying and so Wenger was left with a perpetual 'almost' team. That said, his teams mounted decent challenges for the title, got to a CL final and finished in the top 4 consistently. People try and slate Wenger for not winning any trophies in that time, but given his resources and challenges, most clubs would have bitten your hand off to have done what he did.

Now, it finally looks like were in a position to challenge again, we're able to match the wages and transfer fees of the rich clubs and we're able to hold onto our best players. We've strengthened in key areas and players like Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil, Cech, Koscielny, Cazorla are giving us a real edge again. We've also finally addressed our weaknesses at CB and DM and the team look better equipped now that I've seen them since Wenger's invincible team. (You know, the one that wasn't built by George Graham ;) )

10. PowerSpurs

I'd hope I would defend the right of the poster to have such an opinion without being called a ****wit, although in this particular example that would be a stretch. May be with Burnley in the quote instead of Arsenal.....

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yes, if you admit that Parlour and Keown weren't the key ingredients in that team, then you're agreeing that the invincibles team was built by Wenger, (which is patently obvious to most people) thereby confirming that HIAG's statement the only reason Wenger won anything is down to the fact that he inherited George Graham's team is complete bollocks.

12. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

It was a bit before my time but did Graham play for the draw ?

God knows 'the invincibles' did

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Explain how the invincibles played for the draw, when they won more than double the amount of games that they drew ?

14. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

They drew a lot of games. Hats off they didn't lose but they didn't always play to win. Very Graham esque you could say

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Well you have, but then Arsenal winning more than double the amount of games they drew kind of shows that to be a load of bollocks doesn't it ? :)

16. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

did spurs squad cost double anyone else when they last won the league? someone told me that but no idea if is true or not, probably no records kept that long ago <laugh>

The Ginger Marks and Highburyal like this.
  17. The Ginger Marks

I heard something once but it was in morse code?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  18. Highburyal

Highburyal Cun.t Chops

Didn't realise they invented morse code back then! I thought it was when "burger king" was "burger prince"

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  19. I have my own offices, BoFo.

20. That's not difficult, though, Skiddy, to be fair

No, Skiddy. I've not had you in IGNORE. It's Pixie I have on IGNORE. You need to sober up and take note of what I actually write.

Just saying, like.