1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who to bring in?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Moorpheus19, Dec 15, 2013.

1. PavonSport

PavonSport Member

To be honest it isn't the defeats that are going to see him sacked at the end of the day. I think we could all accept defeats to City and Liverpool (through gritted teeth) and say hats off they were the better side. It's the manner of the defeats and the post match finger pointing from AVB that is ultimately going to be his downfall.

One shocking home defeat to West Ham could be classed as a freak result. A superb goalkeeping display by Krul, another freak result. A battering at City, players let him down and well they've battered everyone else there. Ultimately it gets to a stage where it's not a fluke that we are getting thumped by teams. Without being disrespectful, this isn't a 'great' Liverpool side and they should not be beating us 5-0 at home.

AVB has so far has had a pop at the fans, players and media but has stubbornly persisted to do the same thing over and over again. I think we could all understand a bad defeat every so often or a bad performance. But I can't actually remember a time that we have played well for 90 minutes this season. In general, I think the fans have largely been positive towards him (I've defended him on many occasions) and to be honest excuses have been made for him when things haven't gone our way. But generally dire football and scraping results is only going to get us so far.

You can get away with poor football when results are going with you, but when you get embarrassed twice in quick succession shows that he hasn't learnt from his mistakes. It's not only embarrassing him, but Levy and the club itself. That's why i'd be surprised if AVB lasts the week. Even if he does I'd anticipate that the board will be lining something up.