1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who will be the next permanent Spurs manager?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spudulike, Dec 16, 2013.

?

Who will be the next permanent Spurs manager?

1. Fabio Capello

2. Michael Laudrup

3. Glenn Hoddle

4. Guus Hiddink

5. Frank de Boer

6. Tim Sherwood

7. Mauricio Pochettino

8. Marcelo Bielsa

9. Alan Pardew

10. Laurent Blanc

11. Louis Van Gaal

12. Cesare Prandelli

13. Roberto Mancini

14. Harry Redknapp

15. Other...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I don't see the Spanners in the "mediocre gang" .
    Why is that ?? Is mediocrity too unrealistic an aspiration for your lot to attain ??

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I'd already said we were, there seemed no point in repeating myself so I just added et al, I didn't realise I was trying to communicate with people of subnormal intelligence.

3. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

I noticed that earlier and commented about it on my Board. They shouldn't be asking questions to people that are in no way impartial.

He could barely contain his glee at Spurs' current troubles

4. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

As a West Ham fan you should be used to that

5. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

"As a West Ham fan you should be used to that"

Poor guy. Wandering onto Spurs 606 like an amnesiac with his jim-jam bottoms missing.

6. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

<doh> Anything can happen in one game...as far as the season is concerned, hows the relegation dogfight going? Where are you in the league? I can only see down as far as the mid-table mediocre teams and you're not there...are you lower than that? Hope you haven't misplaced your Championship ground A-Z.

7. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

"its family" said like Alfie Moon! No surprise there, if you was Jamie, or any one of us where, aside from having a permanent smile from nailing Louise Redknapp every night, you're going to have a few cheeky digs! (in the press that is)

8. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Apologies: I guess I should have realized Swansea fans would be reading. For some reason known only to me, I twisted a negative comment on Laudrup into a dig at Swansea.

Let's try again. Swansea's achievements are fantastic given where they were not so long ago.

But as to Laudrup: He inherited a tenth place team and got them to ninth. They won a cup, but how much does any manager have to do with that? Sometimes a fair amount, sometimes very little, I'd say, and who knows in this case. He's been manager for year and a half, and inherited a team on a big up from Brendan Rogers, whose stock has been rising rather tragically lately. There's nothing Laudrup has done other than play attractive football that necessarily suits him for the Spurs job. He could well still be riding on Rodgers' coat tails.

9. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

LMFAO&#8230; so that's why he's always smiling! <applause>

10. Hoddle's putting himself in the frame for the job. Not sure how seriously Levy will consider him. I wouldn't be adverse to giving him another go, although in my heart of hearts I think he'll end up being our "king" Kenny.

11. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

How have we gone from Harry leaving and voting on:
    Moyes, Blanc, Ancellotti, Martinez et al.

To voting on Hoddle, Capello, Sherwood and Pardew.

It feels like we've not only been beaten down, but kicked up the arse, shat on then buried. Then got out of the grave only to have our hands stamped on and being concreted over. I hope for the sake of this club, none of those names are appointed.

(I appreciate I've voted Hoddle, but I've no idea why I've done that. Forgot to take my meds perhaps.)

12. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Nor me, he's already sacked him once!

Its an old saying you shouldn't go back, if it went wrong I wouldn't want GH seen in a worse light.

13. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I think you could be right hiag. If he was to fail.. I don't even wanna think about it. - It would just be horrendous. However, we could ask him to dust his boots off?

Sad isn't it? This is all down to decisions Levy has made. As someone else has said, great businessman in terms of money, but his footballing decisions are debatable. - and that's putting it very very politely.

14. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

Lol! Too bloody true. Hoddle - Jesus Christ! The King Kenny analogy just came straight to mind. Other teams would LOVE that appointment. Please no former players. It's practically always a **** idea and I love it when teams like Newcastle appoint Keegan or Shearer or Liverpool appoint King Kenny etc. Cos I know it'll keep them off our backs for a bit.

15. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

16. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

If Hoddle was appointed it could only be as interim coach, say to the end of the season. It would avoid the King Kenny syndrome. If he turned it around and was super successful then perhaps a more permanent deal could be looked at. As far as I can see there are no outstanding candidates available at the moment although things will change after the world cup when decent managers are likely to become available.

It is probably in our interest not to jump into anything quickly, spend time identifying the right man and then do whatever it takes to get our man.

17. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Hiddinks agent has said he can't imagine him going to spurs and the link to the job shouldn't be taken seriously.

Not surprised to be honest.

We're gonna get stuck with Sherwood, I can see it happening. <yikes>

18. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

Every time Levy has time to "target his man" he ****s it up! Panic appointment, please!

19. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Like Paulinho in front of goal this does seem to be the case.

20. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Agree with regards Hoddle-like most appointments in football management it would go wrong at some stage and it would be sad just like it was last time.

It's an absolutely crazy industry-where else do managers fail time and again , get sacked only to be given another job doing the same and getting sacked again?
    A couple of weeks ago there were people suggesting Steve Clarke-can't hear his name mentioned now.
    Fulham sacked Jol a couple of weeks ago and now he is line for the WBA job.

QPR will get promoted, and after the start of next season be in relegation trouble and QPR fans will be calling for Harry to get the push.

Results wise we have just sacked our most successful manager.

So who do I want now? Doesn't really matter-I will support him and the team during his reign, sing xxxx blue (and white) army and continue supporting Spurs long after he goes.