1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Window - Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, May 15, 2019.

1. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

You can already see how things are going to go and I'm frankly astonished despite 12 years of this crap that anyone expects it to be any different.

2. Beardsley's Shimmy

Beardsley's Shimmy Well-Known Member

We will get relegated.

JakartaToon and Androminan like this.
  3. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

But only after we have sold our best players <party>

JakartaToon and Flash like this.
  4. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

I agree

5. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Yes that's correct

6. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Agree. Already loads of the usual nonsense. In fact I think we are in a pretty sh*try position at the moment as we never managed to buy Rondon properly so there is a load of rubbish to sort out around the loanee situation that will no doubt detract from us making any proper progress. Shame as we were in a good place at the end of the season but are in no position to build on it.

Androminan likes this.
  7. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Manure looking at Longstaff

8. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And we are off:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...castle-transfer-chiefs-target-brazil-16175097
    Newcastle transfer chiefs target Brazil striker as Salomon Rondon remains in limbo
    Wesley scored 17 times for Club Brugge this season and is keen on testing himself in the Premier League
    Brazilian striker Wesley Moraes is interesting Newcastle and West Ham. The Geordies have watched the 22-year-old multiple times this season as he racked up 17 goals for Club Brugge.

Italian giants Lazio are also in the market for the powerful 6ft 3in striker who also got 10 assists.

Asked where his future will be, Moraes said: “I do not know yet, I have a preference for the Premier League, but we'll see what happens, I have to give it a go."

please log in to view this image

Wesley Moraes (Image: AFP/Getty Images)
    Rafa Benitez has Salomon Rondon as his top target, after the Venezuelan's impressive season on loan from West Brom. Rondon proved a key focal point for the Magpies, and also scored 12 goals in 33 games in all competitions.

But the club also want younger recruits with sell-on value. Newcastle can't act in the transfer market until they resolve their contract talks with Benitez which started last week. Manager and club spent the weekend weighing up the situation with Benitez wanting guarantees over a budget and targets, and the club not willing to hand over total spending power.

Hopes of selling Dwight Gayle to West Brom were quashed by Albion technical director Luke Dowling. Gayle has been on loan at the Hawthorns this term, and scored 24 goals for the Baggies. "Dwight's contract is a Premier League contract," Dowling declared. "We will pay Premier League contracts but only when we are back in the Premier League. "I know it won't be the news Albion fans want to hear, but they need to trust us and know we are doing everything right for this football club."

Rondon is wanted by Wolves as they prepare to strengthen their squad this summer ahead of European commitments next term.

AND

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9124910/juan-mata-man-utd-newcastle-barcelona/
    Newcastle to rival Barcelona for Man Utd reject Mata as Benitez eyes Spanish assist master on free transfer
    If Rafa stays as Toon boss, he is eyeing a reunion with his former Chelsea playmaker - but would need club chiefs to change their policy on signing players over 30

RAFA BENITEZ wants to join the race for Juan Mata — if he stays on as Newcastle boss. Mata, 31, is out of contract at Manchester United and could leave on a free this summer.

please log in to view this image

SunSport understands Benitez is keen on a reunion with his former Chelsea playmaker. But he would need Toon chiefs to go against club policy to sign him. Benitez remains in negotiations over a new contract at Newcastle having met owner Mike Ashley last Thursday. One sticking point in talks has been their recruitment strategy and wage structure. Benitez has asked the club to be more open-minded about signing players older than 26 and to start paying more competitive salaries. So any pursuit of Mata, who earns around £140,000 a week at Old Trafford, would be an early test of whether or not Benitez has got his own way.

Benitez worked with fellow Spaniard Mata when he managed Chelsea during the 2012-13 season and thinks his creativity, personality and experience could be perfect for Newcastle. But should Mata leave Old Trafford after five years, he will have a host of offers. Teams in La Liga, including his former club Valencia, are already circling.

Benitez is also going into battle with the Toon board to sign another oldie, West Brom striker Salomon Rondon, who turns 30 in September.

Rondon is available for £16.5million but the Toon’s hierarchy are again being put off by his age and wages — and Wolves and West Ham are now poised to pounce.

Interestingly, the Venezuelan is actually represented by Mata’s dad, Juan Mata Snr, who Benitez knows well from Spain.

Flash likes this.
  9. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

More rumours of a Manchester United bid for Longstaff.

10. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Reports out here saying they are lining up a bid but nothing has been made yet. Manchester Evening News saying Man Utd have no interest in him.

11. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Happy Susanto seem to have his (her) finger on the pulse.

https://www.goal.com/id/berita/beri...dik-sean-longstaff/1ozbj9jfprfkq1nq1kw6lyzhzm
    Transfer News - Manchester United Aim Sean Longstaff
    Happy Susanto
    Online Journalist
    Manchester United have the chance to get Longstaff for £ 20 million. Manchester United are reportedly interested in bringing Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff in the transfer market this summer. Longstaff only made his senior debut for the Magpies last December and appeared eight times in the English Premier League before his season ended due to injury in March. Although not having many flight hours in the top competition, reported by the Daily Mail , Manchester United want to get the signature of Longstaff. The 21-year-old Englishman is projected as a substitute for Ander Herrera.

The Red Devils reportedly have the chance to get Longstaff at a price of at least £ 20 million.

However, Longstaff's future depends on how manager Rafael Benitez decides, who will speak with owner Mike Ashley regarding the possibility of whether the midfielder is defending or not at the club.

Courtesy of Google Translate!

Flash likes this.
  12. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I'd love to know where they get their info like. How the **** do they have a chance to sign him for "at least" £20m? I'm sure we've already come out and said he's not for sale, and whilst that normally means just throw **** loads of money at us and he's yours if Rafa is staying there's no way he'll let him be sold in my opinion. If he has a season next year the same as the 9 games he played for us he'll be worth double that next summer....at least !

JakartaToon likes this.
  13. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

If he is as good as was in those 9 games the team should be built around him.

cronemeister likes this.
  14. JulioGeordio90

JulioGeordio90 Well-Known Member

The Sun are linking us to Mata.... Presumably no real link there but a journalist has attempted to piece the following together: Man Utd 'interested' in Longstaff; Mata out of a contract in the summer; and the Spanish link.

I'd happily take him though!

15. Mick O'Toon

Aye saw that,I'd say his £100,000 plus a week would be a stumbling block.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think the Longstaff situ will largely come down to Longstaff himself. If he wants to go it becomes very difficult to make him stay. He may well given its Man U and they are a faster route to the top of the game. I know people will think he's a local lad but it never matters. Put it this way, Alan Shearer would not have come here had we been loitering down the bottom of the table.

Contrary to popular belief, we haven't really been a selling club under Ashley. Some have forced their way out like Cabaye, Ba, Enrique, Debuchy. Everything I have been told from a source close to Carroll suggests he was happy with the Liverpool move. The club has been proved correct to sell him anyway. Generally its involved us getting big money far exceeding their value.

So unless silly money is on the table or he wants to go, I wouldn't not be overly concerned by any links. I reckon Ashley would demand 30m plus for Longstaff on the basis of potential. Nobody is going to pay that.

17. Mick O'Toon

Some one might when you consider what Rice will command,I know he's not at his level yet but £30m could be a bargain if he gets there.

18. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I mostly don't have a major issue with our sales it's just that we generally haven't replaced them. Carroll £35m replaced with... Ba 6 months later for nothing. Cabaye £25m replaced with... Colback for nothing. Mitrovic £25m replaced with Rondon loan, etc, etc. It's a good business model (until it gets us relegated) but it's not fun as a fan and makes you not want to sell any players as they aren't being replaced.

19. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

haslam likes this.
  20. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Personally I think he's better than Rice already, who I still think might end up a centre half. If you offered me both now I'd probably go for Longstaff. I realise 90% of others would go for Rice but I honestly think as a midfielder, Longstaff has much more to his game than Rice. However Longstaff's profile is not that high outside of Newcastle. It was building up until he got injured in that game against West Ham. That seemed to dampen the fire as it was taking hold.

Rice would be a great foil for Longstaff - we need to target a top class holding midfielder to release him and get the best from him.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.