1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Owner Simon Hallett has written a new Chairman's Chat letter.....available on pasoti.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Stoke are supposed to be showing serious interest in Luke Jephcott to solve their scoring problems this coming summer.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

If you were an Under 21 international, a free scoring forward with the possibility of going to the Euros in the summer, if you'd lived in the West Country virtually all your life, having first played for Wendron United in West Cornwall (in case you didn't know), aged 7. If you were playing at the club you probably supported as a youth, which is financially stable and on an upward trend, would you sign for Stoke City now? Or crack on and wait for the Premier League to call?

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm sure there will be more interesting Clubs showing up at the end of the season....if he moves on then we need to get serious money for him...plus add on's....which further down the road could be even more lucrative.....just ask Exeter who have done well in recent years with add on's bringing in extra money.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I notice that Bristol R and Swindon are both in relegation spots at the moment....if they both get relegated that will add to Argyle's travelling....assuming that Exeter don't gain promotion of course...:rolleyes:.

Would that mean that Oxford would be our nearest 'Derby' match.....that would be a round trip of 410 miles......<yikes>.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Depends who comes up from 2 and who comes down from the Championship. We could do a fair bit less travelling even if the local derby is not as local.

As for Jephcott there is no way there will be an historic type Plymouth price for him. Of course there would be add on as well. I see there was a transfer payment received in the last accounts by Argyle which I have to say I knew nothing about. I think the speculation is pointless now and should be saved till the season ends at least. Why unsettle our own when nothing can happen.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Joey Barton has been in talks with Bristol Rovers about becoming their next manager so we are being told....:emoticon-0149-no:....:steam:....:huh:.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep and a lot of the fans are not happy bunnies either. It's not his football abilities they don't like it's his personal record with violence and the like. Not a good example for a family club.

9. notDistantGreen

Couldn't resist looking him up:

Barton's career and life have been marked by numerous controversial incidents and disciplinary problems[2] and he has been convicted twice of violent crimes. On 20 May 2008, he was sentenced to six months' imprisonment for common assault and affray during an incident in Liverpool City Centre.[3] Barton served 74 days of this prison term, being released on 28 July 2008.[4] On 1 July 2008, he was also given a four-month suspended sentence after admitting assault occasioning actual bodily harm on former teammate Ousmane Dabo during a training-ground dispute on 1 May 2007.[5] This incident effectively ended his Manchester City career.[6] Barton has been charged with violent conduct three times by The Football Association: for the assault on Dabo,[7] for punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the stomach[8] and for attacking three players on the final day of the 2011–12 season

Couldn't supress a giggle at that last bit. Why? Were they on his team or the other lot? Mind you, we've all done it haven't we?

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Couldn't help but notice in Hull's 5-0 thrashing of Wigan away last Wednesday that Scott Wootton was subbed at half time when they were only 2-0 down.

No comment of an injury...he was replaced by another defender....and they continued just the same way shipping another three goals....so were they stronger or weaker with out him....who can tell.

11. notDistantGreen

I've seen Wigan fans expressing somewhat negative opinions of him. One said he's the only player he's every seen who sprints and jogs at the same speed.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Rovers will announce today that Joey Barton is there new manager.....they must be desperate that's all I can say.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Barton confirmed....he has a contract that will take him to 2023.....will Rovers be able to cope with him for that long ?

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Adam Randell has signed a new contract that will take him into 2022....he is at present on loan at Torquay...playing regular football.

15. notDistantGreen

I have high hopes for Randell. Smooth as silk on the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.