1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WINTER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Neil Warnock will not be popping over from his Cornish home in the next four months to watch Argyle.....seeing that he will be based in Aberdeen managing their football club.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He don't arf get about does our Neil.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

I listened to him today on Talksport,, said its going to be a bit fun and get people smiling in Aberdeen .. tough start tomorrow at Rangers ,, but he is a man that can .. only 75

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

it's not called the granite city for nothing. I think the place is a bit grim and you don't hear the words "bit of fun" and "get people smiling" that often up there. He has achieved a lot but those two might be a bit beyond even him.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I see we are to have a trial of blue cards and "sin-bins".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68246971

My alternative plan for football would be a vicious cull of all administrators and "experts" at IFAB and its liquidation as a entity.

lyndhurstgreen likes this.
  6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Always sitting on the fence notDistant.

7. notDistantGreen

Well look at the nonsense we’ve got with VAR, playing on in offside situations (a Premier League keeper injured when the ball should have been dead), phantom handballs, ludicrously close offside decisions…. It goes on and on and on…..

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Whittaker wins Championship player of the month for January. Is that another couple of million on his price,

9. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I had to read this a few times before I worked out you weren't advocating culling me !

10. notDistantGreen

As is my Sunday routine, I’m sat in the kitchen watching the Premier League with one eye and cooking the roast with the other.

Aston Villa v Man U is the big 4:30 kick off today and I see that Robert Jones who reffed us recently is officiating. Just thought you’d like to know.

In looking up his name, I’ve found out the score, ruining the recording I’m watching. The things I do for you people.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Simon Hallett talks about how disappointed he was in how Steven Schumacher walked away from Argyle....having spent an evening with him having a few pints not long before.....and talking about football in general and Argyle in particular....no hint that Schumacher was about to jump ship.

Reminds you of a certain manager who kissed the badge one day and then the next day jumped in his car and drove off to Leicester.....he did man up about it a few years later and said he now regrets what he had done.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You want to be careful there notDistant looking at two things with either eye at the same time.....you could end up with a permanent squint.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Brazil who have won Olympic football medals at the last four Games....the last two being gold medals....have not qualified for the Olympics in Paris this year.....they got knocked out this time by their bitter rivals Argentina 1-0 in a qualifying match.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I feel that Saturday 20th of April will be our biggest game of the season.....the green army will be desperate to get an away ticket for that game at Stoke.

Even now two months later it is hard to get your head around what happened just before Christmas....when Schumacher made Judas Iscariot look like one of the good guys when he walked away from PAFC....to a struggling club who have had more managers than hot dinners in the last few years.....a club that didn't advise their latest new manager to unpack his suitcase to soon....because he might be out the door tomorrow.....Schumacher isn't stupid.. (well we didn't think he was )...but the only plus to his move was the thirty bits of silver...or more realistically the thicker wedge that they could offer him....but you need to take into account how long he might be out of work into that scenario....always a gambol at a club like Stoke.

Can you imagine the moment Schumacher comes out of the tunnel that Saturday in April when Argyle visit....I believe the dressing rooms are near the away end....so the shouts of Judas, Judas, Judas will be noticeable and if Argyle beat them it will just be like years before when we won 1-0 at Leicester in front of an ex Argyle manager who kissed the badge the day before he drove away.

This is a game we must not lose...and it might even help send Stoke down....now that would be icing on the cake.

15. notDistantGreen

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

They were talking about this last night on the Sunderland board. Rumour was and so on. Most were saying they didn't believe it and it was a made up click bait story. I haven't looked on their board today but I bet a number are not happy. It's just madness isn't it.

17. notDistantGreen

Absolutely crazy. Either they chose the wrong man or they chose the right man and haven't backed him.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The man's alright.....he just chose the wrong team.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see Matt Butcher scored his first goal for Wycombe Wanderers last night in a 1-0 away win in the EFL Trophy at Bradford.....he scored in the 90+1 minute.....having come on as a 65minute sub.

20. notDistantGreen

I suppose this is a sort of vote of confidence in Schumacher. Is it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68369214

I love those phrases that aren't finished off properly, like these:

"Ricky has worked tirelessly in his attempts to bring success to Stoke City, and I am appreciative of his hard work and dedication but I'm sacking him anyway."

"We will run a full and robust recruitment process with immediate effect
    which we clearly didn't do last time."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.