1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Makemstine Roger and OLOF like this.
  2. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

'Kin'ell, you got a promise on or what?

3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Poor girl...good job she has a sense of humour but surely she'll be eligible for parole soon <laugh>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

I didn't have the heart to tell him the tranny bars in torremolinos are doing happy hour alldayers.
    <laugh>

5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Enough already, :eek:

6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

He’s under a curfew for past demeanours

7. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Any port in a storm ?

Well that's what happened last time anyway <cheers>

8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Nearly<yikes>

Makemstine Roger and Jammy 07 like this.
  9. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Off to get sheeted up..... p1ssed off

10. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

I thought it was a Portuguese team!

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Did Este mention that it was all free too? <whistle><laugh>

12. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

;)you bastard, I think he did yeah,
    On a side note while you're here WJ
    I've been binge watching a show called Still Game, did you ever see it, I used to watch the comedy sketch show chewin' the fat from where it came, ****ing hilarious?

Makemstine Roger and Whitejock like this.
  13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

First time I saw it, it was the Xmas special when they went back to where it all started. Brought some memories back for me too. I remember not being able to say pakora when we first encountered it, & it usually came out as paroka, as they pronounce it. (Pakora is a better version of bhaji). Usually veg, chicken or fish, but you can get any type if you look hard enough in Glasgow. Used to be an Irish bar that the restaurant next door bought & renamed Murphy's Pakora Bar. You could eat as much as you liked for £3.50 (mid-90s). They had 150 different types! Morrisons sell a good version at their deli counter. We eat it by dipping it into a mint sauce. It's basically yoghurt with a little salt, sugar, lemon juice, & a big lot of dried mint. Magic!

Back to Still Game. I have copies of all the series & specials. All available via the illegal downloading method I posted yesterday on the Netflix thread. Or I can give you a copy. I've got all of the Chewin' the Fat, A Kick up the 80s, & 2 Doors Down, but the best of the lot is not Scottish - I've got all of the Drop the Dead Donkey series too. Got loads like Father Ted, Married with Children, & the best-ever US comedy - Young Sheldon.

Something more recent is The Going Wrong Show (BBC?), but you have to have the right sense of humour.

OLOF and Makemstine Roger like this.
  14. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

Thank you for that as I didn't realise we had got that game rearranged. I think I'm losing the plot!

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

After a few hours to cool off I can now say my piece.
    Most ineffectual players on the park for us were: Shackleton, Harrison, Roberts and Klich. Shacks doing the DM role failed to stop Neto from doing what he does best and the same with Neves, they just ran amok. We have only won 17% of our matches when Phillips isnt playing and Im afraid Shacks like everyone else who has tried has failed. There were some good moments from Roberts but he failed to make a mark over his 90 minutes and maybe he should have been replaced. Harrison was worse than Roberts so justly removed but maybe too late.

Cooper and Struijk put on a very good performance and behind them Meslier looked solid so had great foundations at the back with Ayling and Dallas, but we had no creativity or flair on offence. Shacks, Harrison, Roberts, Klich hurt us going forward but even with a blunted attack we still should have won the game as we had enough chances. Next season I fear for Shacks and Roberts as we need better cover for Phillips and Rodrigo and with Pablo likely to move on we can see where we need to improve. Shacks is young but its been a while since we saw aving an excellent game, so I do fear for him as we have players behind him pushing

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Woke up this morning feeling ****ty about the scoreline I don’t expect too much in our first season back but we deserved to win that one yesterday. The day after the Arsenal game it didn’t bother me, we were poor and deserved the defeat but not yesterday

17. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

So here’s my question. Are the youngsters like Gelhardt on the subs bench because Bielsa seriously believes that they are ready for the first team or just to make up the numbers as we have serious lack of depth of quality in the squad? He always seems to turn to the same players every substitution with the one exception recently with Huggins (I think).

Doc likes this.
  18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There is an article on Leeds live, it was regarding the U23s training session. Bielsa put Llorente and Raphinha into the session which was aimed at “finishing”. Apparently Raphinha made a mockery of Huggins and Cresswell. It was being debated on social media.

The exercise was done not to show the youngster up, but to show them what the PL has to offer. The pictures I saw everyone had beaming smiles so definitely wasn’t a “look at me exercise”. Good too that we don’t have a superstar who feels he is too good to step into an u23 session. Apparently Geldhardt and Llorente also shone.

Bielsa was interviewed over Geldhardt he was raving about him and said he’d watched him many times for the U23s. Bielsas glowing report was solely at the lads finishing prowess. Bielsa did mention that he doesn’t “create” many chances (for others).

19. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

I read that too. It raved about Raphinha turning them inside out, but no video unfortunately. As you say, they were all smiling though. Sounded like good practice for the lads to play against the first team.

Marcos Barber, FORZA LEEDS and ristac like this.
  20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes a bit of a misleading article headline as it said “footage released” if I remember rightly but no footage just a few images scattered on social media