1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic WORLD CUP 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 16, 2018.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

England v russia SEMI FINAL ..

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thought this afternoon's game was a total bore. Spain had the ball for about 105 minutes an hardly did a thing with it. Russia did try with their limited ability but just couldn't keep the ball for more than a few seconds. I was praying for Russia to send Spain home in the penalty shootout. I absolutely detest a few of their players. Ramos for one. I hoped it would be him who missed his penalty but the end result will do.

I have just switched off the Croatia v Denmark match as another 30 minutes of that crap would have put me to sleep. Both sides were woeful.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Croatia win 3 - 2 in penalty shootout.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watched Poldark instead.....all the excitement was done by 4 minutes into the game...1-1 by then.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My missus watched Poldark. We usually record it and watch it some other time but it saved me from the tedium. Don't know what all the ladies see in him to be honest. If us blokes did all that cooing and stuff over a pair of boobs we would be the worst the world has ever seen these days. But, seems ok to coo over a 6 pack if you are female. Just shows what this world has come to.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I don't think much of his choice of swimming costume.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Belgium...3-2...Japan.....so, so unlucky for Japan.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Well whatt is all this poldark ? Is that like coronation street? never saw it, here a lot about it tho ..:eek:

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's about a bloke from history who owned a pasty mine in Cornwall. Her indoors says it's worth a watch but I don't bother much.

Watched the Japanese take it to Belgium and they were well worth their 2 goals. But as soon as Belgium scored I just knew they were going to go on and win it. They stopped panicking and put their foot on the ball and played properly. Japan started panicking and stopped doing what they had done. Shame but that's the way it goes.

Didn't see the Brazil win this afternoon but I did see a replay of Neymar later. What a complete penis that bloke is. Ok so the player did stand on his leg. Not stamp just put his foot on it. You would have though he had taken an Axe to annkle and the reaction was disgraceful. I am rapidly being put off watching this world cup now. The thing that gets me is these players are being touted as the best in the world. If that's what it takes to be branded the best these days then you can keep it.

10. Greenarmyjoe

Well in the last world cup the columbians roughed him up and broke his back ? is that true i wonder.. Well they may take the same style towards harry tonight.

He neymar does roll about alot

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see Graham Coughlan is back in the west country....taken on coaching the defence at Bristol R.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Neymar does not I'm afraid have the class to match his skill. It;s onething you can say about Messi - his game isn't built on falling over.

13. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Well we certainly watch Poldark in this house. What puzzles me about it though is the navigational skills of its characters.

Imagine the scene... Ross bursts into his parlour at Namparra and exclaims "I must go in haste from my home to Bodmin Assizes where one of my handsome young miners may otherwise hang for a crime he did not commit. I shall follow my usual route along all of the beautiful beaches and headlands I can find in whatever part of the county with the wind in my hair and the spray on my breeches even though this will take me a dozen times more that the much more convenient inland route".

"Upon my return, we shall puzzle again about the mystery of the London coach. We do always wait for it in the same position with the majestic moorland views behind us but the coach do always appear from right to left, whether 'tis coming from London to Truro or returning from Truro to London. 'Tis a mystery indeed.how this can be"

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Quite often when he leaves for London, he rides off on his hoss....without any sign of luggage....does he stable his hoss before he takes the coach somewhere ?

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sweden...1-0...Switzerland.....F/T.

So England need to beat Columbia then Sweden to reach the semi-finals.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

England...1-1..Dark Art Cheats......F/T....extra time coming up.....Columbia should be down to 10 and possibly 9.

The Ref aint in charge...how has he put up with so much Columbian arguing and time wasting with our penalty.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

PENALTY SHOOT OUT.....but not against the Germans....<yikes>

18. Greenarmyjoe

Here we go... :eek::afro:

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

4-3....YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My spleen has been overworked tonight by a million miles. This should never have gone to penalties. The Columbians did not deserve to get that close. VAR and the Referee were absolute crap and again it is something the FIFA people should look at. It was a straight Red card not a yellow. Not only that the Ref allowed the Columbians to referee for him. Why do the Refs just stand there telling players to bugger off and then do nothing for an age when they don't. He should have booked half of their team for their antics at the penalty alone. England went to rat **** in the last 15 minutes and you could see it happening. But in the end it was the right result even if we did make very very hard work of it. Again some of the diving from the South Americans was pathetic. They clearly all go to the same training school.