1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yan Dhanda - Club Statement

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Swansea City is appalled and saddened by racist abuse received by Yan Dhanda via social media following tonight’s Emirates FA Cup game against Manchester City.

As a club, we pride ourselves on working with the community and our supporters, as well as the EFL and the FA, on all anti-racism and anti-discriminatory campaigns because it has no place in society.

Swansea City condemns racism and abuse of all kinds, and we urge social media companies to go above and beyond to stamp out this abhorrent level of behaviour that continues to tarnish football and society.

An official report has been made with South Wales Police and the club will assist them in their investigation.

Yan has our unwavering support in this matter as we and the relevant authorities strive to eradicate this mindless behaviour.

azzuriswan and neveroffsidereff like this.
  2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

If this abuse is from Swans fans then ban the bastards from attending any Swans game.

3. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

I missed it, anyone screen grab it if so post here. I’ll follow on twatter n troll em til they break <ok>

azzuriswan likes this.
  4. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

There's just so many racist ****s out there.

Kick It Out, BLM etc. None of these things will suddenly make a person say "you know what, I think I'm wrong about this". If you're already that far gone, nothing will change now. Punishment is something I want to see, but it won't make a difference to anyones attitude - they will still be a racist no matter what punishment you give them.
    The only hope is that kids grow up knowing it's wrong to think that way, but if their parents are scum, good chance the kid will be scum.

5. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's that gang who were booing outside the stadium a few weeks ago when players took the knee.....they were racist and proud according to their twitter group.

azzuriswan likes this.
  6. Taffvalerowdy

Maybe not ....

“On their official Twitter page, Manchester City said: "Racism has no place in sport, or society. Manchester City FC are appalled to hear of the alleged racist abuse of a Swansea player.

"We will be supporting Swansea City and South Wales Police in their investigation of this matter, and to establish whether there was a Manchester City fan involved."

Seems that at this stage no one knows where the person is from

azzuriswan and Mono like this.
  7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

It could be anyone and that's a broad canvas , social media has a lot of good going for it but also a lot of bad. They'll catch him/her I'm sure but then what ?

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Verification is an obvious way forward for Twitter etc. Make it that people have to use their real name - with an appropriate way of checking it and maybe also their mobile number / address. If you are uncomfortable with that then don't use the site. These companies already have the majority of that data anyway so it's no big deal really.

I wonder how full of it people would be if they knew they had to answer for their antics ?

9. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

Spot on.

azzuriswan and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  10. Taffvalerowdy

11. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

The trouble is, the more the publicity given to all this , the worse it seems to get. Things seems to have gone rather quiet before all this knee business started, and gradually got worse, mainly because of the publicity, .....
    and the frowning at any saying with with "black" in it,..........like "Ba ba BLACK sheep". . I think that things would get a lot better, if less publicity was given to all the nonsense................You may disagree, but that's me.

daimungeezer and TheRealBubbles like this.