1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

You couldnt make it up

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Aug 3, 2016.

1. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

:headbang::headbang::headbang: That's all

2. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

I don't know mate. It took the FA 3 weeks or so to appoint a new manager, it took us hours to appoint Moyes after Sam was officially announced. During that time there was no way on earth that any signings would be forthcoming. The Mvilla thing is f***ing annoying but who is to say what problems Rubin are causing? We will see what Moyes can pull out of the bag.

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

How's this for a theory. If we'd invested adequately prior to this window we could afforded a quiet window thus ensuring minimum disruption through the Sam negotiations.

Short has missed two windows where the time was perfect to invest(i said this as both windows opened he needed to), while the TV money was good but the full extent of the inflation hadn't yet kicked in. But he didn't, again we're on the verge of crisis with a paper thin squad a quater of which don't cut it while being robbed of half a window to address it.

Take the last window. How good did Sam do on 20m? Why wasn't he given 40m? Because Short wants to do it on the cheep and that's barely been enough to keep us ticking over. We've brought it on ourselves... Again.

J๏E.. likes this.
  4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

****ing hell<wah>.

Its 2011 all over again.

5. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Been saying it for a while now, no need to bold your text, everything you have said sums the man up, a modern day Tom Cowie..<ok>

Brian Storm likes this.
  6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Made his millions by cost cutting and selling assets. What do we expect?

J๏E.. likes this.
  7. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Just stuck a thread up about him..

The guy boils my tonsils, yep it's that bad..<ok>

Brian Storm likes this.
  8. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

The main issue has got to be why players like N'Zogbia and Pienaar are training with you whilst M'Villa isn't. It's one thing to not make an offer if the figure is too high, the player isn't good enough, you aren't sure how he will settle, you have lots of cover in that area or the player doesn't want to come. However, to go to the effort of inviting players in to train "so they are fit for the new season" even if it isn't with you but allow your prime target to do whatever the hell M'Villa is currently doing for weeks for the sake of peanuts. ****ing mental.

Gordon Armstrong likes this.
  9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

he is still contracted to Club Rhubarb though, so he can't train with us.... whether he/we like it or not.

10. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

I think a lot of you are putting 1 and 1 together and getting 7.

I am willing to bet Sam knew of England's interest months ago. The club were never going to invest money in the transfer window with a manager who was going to leave.

As for the Jan window we invested superbly, Sam was backed with the money he needed and he signed some good players. Attracting high profile names on big money to SAFC is extremely difficult. Players don't want to come here.

Short runs SAFC as a business, because of that we enjoy low ticket prices and financial stability.

Ask yourself this question: if we spend beyond our income where does the money come from?

Signing free agents as squad cover on pay as you play deals frees up wages for signings who improve the first 11. In the past we have signed low quality squad players on long contracts who quite literally have bled the club dry. I woukd rather sign 1 defoe on 80k a week than an Altudore and Graham on 40k a week each.

Fentonpell, Blunham Mackem and Nordic like this.

11. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh I agree
    However there was no reason at all dosnt matter wich manager we have.
    We should have mvillia on board now

12. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

I agree there, but it could be players agent or the other side dragging it out and not us, We just don't know, The club are not going to criticize the other side at this stage as it could mean it all falls apart. I think we will hear more about all this in the future.