1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your choice for Manager next season

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sir Tennisball, May 12, 2016.

?

Who do you want as manager next season?

1. LVG

15.0%
  2. Mourinho

65.0%
  3. Pochettino

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Giggs

5.0%
  5. Someone else (state their name)

15.0%
  1. Sir Tennisball

Sir Tennisball Well-Known Member

Alright guys, time to draw a line in the sand.

We have one game to go in the league, we have a small chance of getting 4th but will probably miss out.

We should win the FA cup but who knows.

If you could vote right now who you want as the manager next season, regardless of how our next two matches go, who would you pick?

No sitting on the fence with "If we win the FA cup and get 4th etc."

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

As Poch has singed a new deal with Tottingham - and in the absence of any other viable candidate....Jo Mo

4. Sir Tennisball

Sir Tennisball Well-Known Member

My choice won't be that popular with most fans, but I'll go for Mourinho.

Yes the football will not be the most free flowing in the world, but it will be better than Moyes' or LVG's.

Here are my primary reasons:
    • We will compete for trophies.
      Mourinho virtually guarantees this.

• We will be extremely defensively solid.
      De Gea is the best GK imo, with one or two extra additions and Jose in charge our defence could be as good as the Vidic/Rio era.

• Our best players are less likely to leave even if we don't have CL football, and we could buy some top players.
      Most players would love to play for Jose, he is a massive drawcard.

• We will still be attacking.
      With our pacey attacking players we will still score plenty of goals. Yes, many of them may be on the counter attack, but we have the players to still be attacking. Mourinho's Madrid still played good football (although with those players there was no other option tbh).

• I believe he's a better, safer choice than the other options.
      He has PL experience with big clubs, and can handle the media scrutiny.

Now the downside:
    • The 3 year breakup.
      Most likely will occur, but to be honest I'd rather have 2-3 years of success then a fallout than 2-3 years of boring football and poor results (Moyes, LVG) and then change the manager.

• Will he play young players?
      I think he will, they have shown they have the quality, we're not like Chelsea where most of the players were older.

abc_220 and cytrax like this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Depends on what happens.

If we don't get fourth and the cup then he'll be sacked, with justification, and it would then have to be Jose.

If we DO get the above, unlikely I know, then I'd just as soon they wait a bit for Koeman, or even Pochettino, and take a longer term view.

I'd take another season of the mad clog for that.

IF we get FA cup AND 4th.

6. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Pellegrini...... however you spell it<laugh>

7. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I would reluctantly take Jose as I cannot stand that current ****er we have as manager anymore. His football has got worse and his selections just weird. He is so old that he does not instill a sense of energy and dynamism in his players. While the likes of bilic stand on the edge and screams to get his players moving, he sits down, nose in his ****ing notebook.

Even if he gets 4th (v.long shot) and the FA cup. He needs to go and I am willing to put up with the **** Jose will bring. In the long term, I'd like to think that Mopo would make a decent fist of being our manager. Which many fans don't realise is a ****ing difficult job.

8. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Klopp but sack him after 1st game for being a Fritz

9. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

The class of 92

10. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheater :emoticon-0173-middl

Simeone for me, please <ok>

Sir Tennisball likes this.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Ok, I'll break it down.

If van Gaal gets sacked then I want Mourinho.

If he doesn't I want Koeman after next season.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Can't think of anyone available better than Mourinho.

Thoughts on Frank De Boer who quit Ajax today?

13. glazerfodder

Another untried import. Let him cut his teeth in the PL with the likes of Everton first, let him see at first hand how difficult a league it is and then see what he is made of. Look at Memphis - you might shine in one league, be their star player even, but fall flat on your face in the PL. Just look at LvG.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

While Depay has disappointed, I rarely right off any player in less than a season. And certainly not one being managed by Van Gaal who stifles our players' potential.

Diego likes this.
  15. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You can't blame LvG for Depay's shhshot, Treble. LvG sucks for his one reasons but killing players potentials should not be one of them. Rooney stinks, for example! Is that LvG's fault too? He was already on downtrend. Shaw was brilliant until he got injured. Martial has been amazing and Rashford has been a revelation. Even in a very bad season, there are positives and those that have let the club down have no one to blame but themselves.

Depay's lifestyle, for one, is not admirable. He needs to focus on the game and nothing else. I actually like the guy because I've seen some flashes of good stuff from him. But overall, he has been a total let down when needed the most.

All in all, I hope LvG gets the boot and bring in Jose. If we fail to get Jose at this point in time, the whole club would become a joke in all quarters. Fkn Woodward!!!

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    glazerfodder likes this.
  16. HRH Custard VC

LvG is a good manager, but UTD are not your average team and its out of LvGs depth.

I cant see LvG going, Woodward will make sure he stays

17. glazerfodder

The club is at an important crossroads. No CL football, so serious loss of revenues again (including the £75m from Adidas which is contingent each year on the club being in the CL) - add to that some serious snubs from top players who want to play in the CL so won't join us. Worse still is the fact that De Gea seemingly wants away if LvG stays - so that's 15 points lost next season before we even start, and now there are reports that Jose is in negotiation with PSG. Now those talks may well be aimed at forcing our hand, but if the club don't move quickly and decisively we could be in a bad way next season.

In any sane world you would think that Woodward and the board would make the easy decision to pay LvG his £5m, get Jose, keep de Gea and hope that the hype around his arrival will sway some of the wavering summer targets to sign for us.................... But is it a sane worlds in the boardroom.

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Papers are now reporting United have told Mourhino if LVG leaves the job's his.

If he leaves? If that's true I'd be amazed at its stupidity and sheer pussyness.

19. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Ahh kloppyflop again. The RS think we all envy them this hyperactive German **** who actually improved his team's league form from 7th to 8th, and with a worse points record than Rogers last year. <applause>

So according to the ever deluded RS, we fear Klopp. But we don't fear Ranieri, MoPo, Koeman, conte, Pep, Bilic who will have better squads next season ?. Whatever these RS are on, I want it too <laugh> <laugh>

AstroTurd has been predicting for the last 2 seasons that the RS WILL definitely finish Above United according to his silly charts. But yet again he has egg custurd on his face <laugh>

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  20. HRH Custard VC

WTF, <laugh>