1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs Barrow

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Mar 3, 2024.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2023/2024
    Barrow

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

brb likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Don't all rush to vote!
    1. Definitely NOT Hutton
    2. Definitely NOT Masterson
    3. Definitely NOT the referee .... a blatant red-card foul is a red card - even after only 3 or 4 minutes into a game.

Having said that -- it was disgraceful of the players to fight among themselves - instead of fighting to win a game.

Regarding the terrible decision by the ref not to send off Stockton for nearly killing J Williams - the ref needs to be embarrassed by his mistake - However - Gills cannot use the issue as an excuse for the dire performance..... It has been obvious, for the whole season, that Gills do not have sufficient quality to create enough goals to even think about dreaming for a top 7 finish..... Last night, the first half chance we made was over one hour into the game....simply not good enough....... and it really isn't enough to rely on a fairly reasonable defence, to keep you 'in' the game -- especially when they can't cut out, or deal with crosses ( or block a shot on goal from 25 yards. )
    Between now and the end of this season, I expect Gills to achieve two or three fairly decent results - but - we will also repeat last night's performance on too many more occasions than I would like --- and -- we probably won't end up with a goal-a-game scored ratio........
    If you don't create chances - and - actually have players that can score - you cannot win games - and cannot achieve promotion.

Last night was very disappointing.. Gills didn't create any problem for Barrow - who were not much better than Gills - but took their half chances when presented - whilst the Gills were busy picking up the most stupid cards possible - luckily the cards won't affect the players in any play-off games - they won't happen this year.

brb likes this.
  3. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

I got to half-time and switched off. It was a disgrace, to see the match report this morning WTF was that all about?
    I was so excited about last night's match due to our good run and their bad run, a 6-pointer to consolidate a play-off place
    And now we are in 9th place and the three teams above us have games in hand.
    Not sure about Gaffers 5-2-2 format away from home

alwaysright and brb like this.