1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup - ticket income - an apology

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by itstimupnorth, Jan 7, 2019.

1. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

In the threads
    https://www.not606.com/threads/var.349757/
    and
    https://www.not606.com/threads/the-chairmans-christmas-message.369913/

I made a big deal about the distribution of net ticket income and was under what I now know to be the mistaken impression that part of the receipts went to the FA Pool.

I now realise that I was looking at, and in one post gave a link to, the 2017-18 rules (but nobody else noticed that either!)

The 2018-19 rules provide that, under most circumstances, net income is shared equally. For the record the correct 2018-19 rules are here and the rule regarding distribution of ticket income is 22b

Apologies to all, and I do feel particularly foolish about posts relating to Paul Scally's Christmas message regarding this. In the interests of fairness I'm not going to amend or delete those posts, but do apologise for the factual inaccuracy contained therein.

grumpygit, alwaysright and brb like this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

My apologies to you all for this rant - but I'm not going to allow one of our nicest members to grovel and defend Mr.Scally - without a more balanced perspective !

Tim
    It is gracious of you to apologise - but -----
    Let's see, on 1st February ** if Mr. Scally apologises for not spending a penny on players in the January transfer window ! Let's not forget that Mr.Scally has failed to apologise for not spending a penny on players in several transfer windows. Let's not forget that Mr.Scally has not apologised for not spending a penny, on players, of very much money the Club has received when we've sold players in those transfer windows.

Mr.Scally bangs on about the state of the Club's finances ( I understand all that ). I understand the need for prudence - which makes all the more remarkable, the amount of money that he / we have wasted in recent years. (( things like McCammon, Centreplate, Lawyers, Medway Council - avoidable if only we spent a few pennies on qualified staff who would have seen those fiascos coming a mile away ! )).

All the money from the Cup is extra -- it should not be needed to ' pay the bills' - because they are well covered by the money from the Centreplate settlement, - not to mention Dack's initial transfer fee...... of course we could have got a lot more money from the Cardiff game - if the ticket price policy was correct - but I doubt if Mr.Scally will apologise for getting it wrong.

** more chance of British Gas sorting out my mum's direct debit !

3. brb

brb CR250

I feel itstimupnorth always trys to give a balanced opinon, proof, supported by his apology.

He is never malicious and attempts a respectful opinion based on factual information available at the time.

He's put the record straight and i will be open in saying, he is an intelligent guy who's opinion i always respect - this thread alone is evidence to why.

Well done itstimupnorth.

<applause>

grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Don't worry itstimupnorth you could have had a ticket for Cardiff and not gone. Oops sorry @brb <laugh>

grumpygit and brb like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

I was there as the invisible man <whistle>