1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Masters

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by hammersmith hoopton, Mar 7, 2012.

1. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

I'm pleased with my bet at the moment. My best mate put a bet on Casey whilst my brother went for Bae. Those 2 having ****e days. <laugh>

2. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

Westy was superb yesterday,showed he is the best tee to green player in the world.He could easily have been 8 or 9 under with a little bit of luck,i counted 6 putts that grazed the hole.If he continues like that and sinks a few more putts he will piss up and i will be a very happy chappy!

3. stick

stick Bumper King

Saturday is known in Golf as "moving day". If you've made the cut Saturday is the day for putting yourself into contention.
    At eight off the lead Tiger will have his supporters at 40-1 but from the word go this week he hasnt looked at the top of his game.
    Two guys a few shots of him however could very easily play themselves into contention today.

JUSTIN ROSE 66-1 has been very steady with two level par rounds. He is capable of shooting a 66 today and putting himself right in the frame.

The other guy I feel could get into contention at a tasty price is HUNTER MAHAN also 66-1 though he has been far from steady. Three birdies and three bogeys on day one then no less than five birdies and five bogeys on day two. Hunter is at the top of his game right now and if he can eliminate the errors he has the game to play his way to somewhere near the top of the leaderboard in the final two rounds.

4. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Just by the market this is still a very open tournament... Of the shorter ones Rory is obviously going to have a big say int his, likewise Westwood... One that is slightly at bigger odds is Matt Kuchar, 20/1 at the mo, and may well creep up into the top 4...

Stick i hope your right about both of your thoughts as i have both of em...!!! It as always going to be hard for Hunter after winning the tournament before, only because so few have won before going in this, but i will have my fingers crossed... I dont know about Rose though, its a next year thing now...

Its been a good tournament and its still there for the taking... A few that i wouldnt mind winning this away from my betting, Garcia, Westwood and Jimenez... Its going to be a good few days...

So after the cut... Matt Kuchar @ 20/1 sems a good little bet...

Enjoy the rest of the Masters folks... This is where the real action starts...!!!

Cheers...<cheers>

5. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

Double bogey at the last,why the **** can't Westwood putt.I fear that it will be another case of a major passing him by,and at the moment Rory looks all over the winner.He hasn't played great but is just one off the lead,he just looks like making less mistakes than the others.Wouldn't mind seeing Garcia win but i fear he will crumble if he's still in with a shout late on,also can you imagine the scene if Freddy was to pull off the miracle.The place would go ****ing mental!

6. Mick Buxton's Allotment

Mick Buxton's Allotment Well-Known Member

Well, here we are on the final day & my bet on Oosthuizen is still a runner. I only wish he hadn't made a bogey on the 18th. Still, he's there with a good shout.
    My big fear is Mickelson. Yesterday, he was at the top of his game. If he plays like that again,today, can see only one result.
    Here's hoping & all the best to everybody with their bets

7. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

My bet is basically out of it :( Snedeker hit a good 68 but he also got a bogey on the last hole. I have him at e/w though so here's hoping to a top 5 finish and a miracle round.

8. redcgull

My 2 picks Mahon and Kuchar are in the mix, (im giving in on Rose now...) and could possibly win it but im afraid that Micky is going to have to have a blow out to lose this for me...

Just the best golf he has produced for quiet a while from a great player... The last 2 rounds have been just sensational... And not forgetting Hanson, his perfomance has been nothing short of superb to...

As for the 'other' great in the game Tigger, i never had him to win this, or to do well. I do feel that he has a Major in him but its just so hard now to win one with so many good players out there. I do think he will always give out these media messages that his game is good and that he is playing well. But realistically until he goes back to basics and realises he cant hit the ball out of the park and get some control back to his game i fear that he may be struggling to get anywhere near to what we know he can do... He has lost his control over everything he had before and it is obviously eating away at him...

He will be back, he is too good not to be. But the golfing world is a lot harder to win in than before and he might never get up to Jacks record of Majors... Still a great player but has lost that aura he had...

I have to also agree with Ham-Hoop... 'Drive for show, putt for Dough...!!!'

Lee Westwood has a weakness in his short game that puts pressure on him making his putts... If the putter isnt firing then his short game goes as well... One of the best out there tee to green but has to improve the money side of it... Shame as it maddens you when watching him...

Good luck to all with any bets still running...<ok>

9. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I only had the one bet - Hunter Mahan - so am looking forward to tonight. He's got the chance of making top 5 so I'm pretty happy.

10. stick

stick Bumper King

Backed him on Saturday morning at 66-1 Dan but I only have first four...fingers crossed he puts in a big shift tonight!

11. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was a cracking little bet then! I was going to back a couple yesterday but never bothered - quite happy now as it means I have a run for my money.

12. Mick Buxton's Allotment

Mick Buxton's Allotment Well-Known Member

Well, there you go. I thought Oosthuizen had it, after the albatross on the second - lt least my ew bet came in. Onwards & upwards!

13. redcgull

Great finish to what was a very good tournament...

Well done Bubba and unlucky to the Rooster... My mate, like me in staying with 2 players for the year and had Bubba to win, so well done to him... I can be happy with what Kuchar did and got good e/w money back so happy all round...

I have to say tho my eyes could not believe what they were watching when Bubba 'pull hooked' his approach shot onto the 10th in the play off... He was so lucky to get a shot out but he took that luck and made a quiet remarkable shot to put the ball on the green to 12 feet from the pin... Truly amazing...

Gotta feel for the Rooster but i think he will get another day in the sun as he looks very cool under pressure and his putting was out of this world at times..

Great watching and another great sporting occasion... Role on the weekend for the National and the FA cup semi's...<cheers>