1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 14th. Feb. 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Feb 13, 2019.

1. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

2. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

You stoned mal ? Short term memory loss !
    Agree , Johnson only ride of the day is surely significant, has some other fancies to beat especially bullfrog and the Alan King entry , but the honeyball has excellent stats at font well and his horses are definitely in form

mallafets123 likes this.
  3. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

leicester,2 50:

the big question here is: will got away be able to give so much weight away?she drops firmly in class,but that weight thing rather puts me off her.INCH LALA,though,is holding her form very well,and is still quite well treated,even though she couldnt back up her win a few runs back.but she looks a tad more solid to me.

4. stick

stick Bumper King

A lot to like in the pedigree in terms of bumper form with two siblings winning similar races. They paid 160,000 for him after he finished runner up in what looks a decent enough Irish p2p. We are not likely to find out too much today but looking at the early races conditions should suit him perfectly well. His stamina should serve him well today and that is also a reason for me not to regard him as Festival bumper possible. The obvious progression would be to go hurdling after today over a longer trip, 2m 4f I would suggest.
    We will watch with interest.

OddDog likes this.
  5. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

2.40 Clonmel

Ruby's horse travelled like the winner all the way and survived a sticky jump. He looks capable of better than this.

Moskovite was jumping a bit hesitantly throughout. Hard to say she enjoyed the 2 miles today but she ran OK and may have another day in different company to this.

Henry De Bromhead's pair ran awfully, while Swordsman was pulled up.

6. rudebwoy

Gwaaan the Captain !!!

7. Grendel

Negative it is then, Definitely Red-Faced at 1/6 Fav.

Definitely Red was always being cajoled along more than his rival and folded pretty tamely.

The insightful Racing Post observation in their blurb that Definitely Red had an "Excellent Chance" today not quite working out. The "Headless" gamblers got this one and it's one of those races I used to hate in the shop with nothing on the Fav and a few fivers and tenners adding up to a hundred quid on the rag of the two.

8. Grendel

Definitely Red pushed out to 50/1 with Billy Hilly for the Gold Cup after that effort.

rudebwoy likes this.
  9. Grendel

3.40 Meydan

I got a good tune out of Heavy Metal last year at Meydan and I think he can land this race again.

I prefer him at 7F but on his day he is capable of dominating at a mile. He needs to lead though and was unable to do so first time up this season. If he traps, he probably wins and at 7/4 thats worth the chance I feel.

Heavy Metal 7/4 to make all.

10. Grendel

Heavy Metal got the better of the early battle for the lead but they simply set it up for Muntazah and once headed it's game over for Heavy Metal.

Heavy Metal has done well enough since his early days with Mark Johnston but I am doubtful I would give him another go at a mile. Maybe at the right priceina 7F contest I'll give him another chance.

11. rudebwoy

CaPt Redbeard is no rag though , he's a decent horse and was a bit more up for it today, slow run school with a sprint at the end , got 8s in running, crazy sometimes the odds makers !

12. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

C8:30
    Kilbaha Lady 20/1 E/W

13. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

Two weeks of getting inside info from Appleby yard, some good, most bad, not a peep this week and an Appleby horse I hadn't even considered wins the one race I looked at properly today. Just the way it goes

14. stick

stick Bumper King

I backed Zorawar. Was counting my winnings 1f out.

Denny4 likes this.
  15. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

Horses on hatricks should usually be avoided. A rule I usually but not always stick to

stick likes this.