1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WARREN FARM HALTED

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, May 6, 2020.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

My mate in the scouting team will probably be culled if we do scrap the Academy, so not all good news

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I think this just underlines the fact that our 'leaders' have as much direction as a f*cking weather vane. Another U-turn? Why not? Another grand idea? Easy Peasy? Waste untold millions on another whim? Petty cash. Brentford are currently light years ahead of us in every facet of club structure both on and off the pitch, by time we get to where they are now, like a comet in the sky they will be long gone and we'll be just as far behind as now...

Didley Squat likes this.
  3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

It is just a shame that Brentford are seen as our “benchmark”.

Such a statement is a genuine reality check of where we currently are.

Let’s say no more and hope for better times.

I hope we may be able to follow a “Leceister model” who I believe were promoted with us only a few years ago. The gap between us is regrettably is very large.

Chair Nob'll Fallout likes this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The bottom line is recruitment, in every department of the club. Until we get that right we'll tread water. We've done better in the past two or three years but that's just to stand still. Another huge upheaval will not be good for morale as when we seemed to have agreed a way forward we now look like we're changing course again. Sorry, but it's difficult not to view this cynically...

5. Chair Nob'll Fallout

Chair Nob'll Fallout Well-Known Member

Personally I think that the article, as is sadly often the case with DM's pieces on QPR, is overly negative and tends towards the self-aggrandising.

Yes, he's clearly a very clever guy, with good ITK contacts, but I think he's fixated on always being seen as the straight talking guy, who speaks the truth, goes against the grain and says what needs to said. I just think that's become a kind of reflex for him, a habit that always colours his thinking. The club say something's white, so he says it's black.

I read nothing in the article which convinces me that we'd be better off not having a top class academy. The academy is meant to be a long term project, not something we decide to bin just because Brentford happen to be doing reasonably well at the moment.

And surely it's not an either/or situation anyway. I don't see why we can't give good players a second chance AND develop our own players from youngsters at the same time.

It's just my humble opinion, but I hope that the new training ground goes through quickly and that we are able to develop our academy there. It would be nice to see us make a plan and see it through for a change.

6. Parishoops

Parishoops Active Member

Buying the Cranford site is a much better option than Warren Farm and will mean a proper upgrade in our training facilities in very short term. What's not to like? What's there to bitch about? Lets move on with a little less of the psyhcodrama on here please

7. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

How about Griffin Park as training ground? 0r Hanwell town fc ?

Chair Nob'll Fallout likes this.
  8. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Looks like a possibility. Many a cheap drunken night spent at the old BA Concorde Club

NB missed that this had been muted before but seems like it is well advanced. Would be a good result for the club. The

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    ELLERS likes this.
  9. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I'm over the NIMBYs of Warren Farm. This sounds like a better prospect for QPR and that has to be our focus.

10. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

https://www.givemyview.com/warrenfarm/surveys

Call me a mean, grumpy old misery guts if you like but I've just completed this stating that sports facilities would be used by the MANY residents of Ealing instead of the very few, overly vociferous conservationists who want to keep the dilapidation as is.

I've walked thru Warren Farm with a mate lots recently and it really is hardly used by anyone.

In case any of you can be bothered!

11. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Yes, we are but a mere play thing our owners who seemedly see us now more as an irritation.
    I’ve always thought they lost their zest for this club when we got relegated.

We are a mid table selling team to be used as a tax write off, nothing more.

How l dislike them for it.