1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will we have new manager or not?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Southampton.fc/wales, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Southampton.fc/wales

Southampton.fc/wales Active Member

We have a good run up to Christmas and then after we drop like a stone and just stayed up

we new season I can't see any new faces coming on the budget we have

Regarding going forward we need be changes from top to bottom first new owner and for our Academy well we used have the best for young player for first team

Last season was poor and for loosing so many games he would have been sacked by now but we stayed up

Problem is a lot teams are having bigger budgets then us and we don't have a good start I can we be down the bottom again and even going down next year and if Ralph's keeps losing games and can see former Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe turned down Celtic as he is willing to bide his time for the Southampton job to come available is from bbc gossip page

2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Jonny?

Velcro Roy likes this.
  3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Saints seem willing to trust Ralph. Can’t really see Howe longing to come here ....only advantage would be proximity to his home (presumably).

4. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

We want a manager who really wants to manage us not because we're a short drive from his home FFS. Howe can piss off and wait for the Pompey job.

5. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

6. Shandy_top_89

Shandy_top_89 Well-Known Member

Prowse has had a good start despite being ignored a couple of times by his team mates.

7. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

I might make myself a sandwich.

8. Negative Creep

Negative Creep Well-Known Member

People are allowed to ask Qs about the manager you know. Oh no, perhaps not on this site, we must all act as one.

Perhaps we should ask some of the miserable old ****s who prowl on here for permission to start threads, in case they, yawn, yawn, yawn, are boring.

#stepfordwives

9. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

It’s always been like that on here. No one is allowed an opinion, been shot down a few times. In fact I had one of the job worths on here pm me to state how much of a naughty boy I was.
    I’ve read a lot of what is popped on here and how much some are hounded out.
    Heyho it’s life I suppose

10. Negative Creep

It’s why I rarely post anymore. I think some are hounded out, there don’t seem as many posters as a couple of years back.

I had asked how long people would give Ralph if he kept losing, just prior to the Sheff Utd game.

I was accused of loads of stuff, and a few put me on ignore , then about 2 weeks later one of the mods was asking similar stuff, and that was fine.

I even said I didnt want Ralph to go, and he should be given time, but I was just a bit of an inconvenience.

Apparently it is also ok to say to people this place is better when I don’t post, hence why I don’t bother much.

It is a genuine shame as I have been a member since around 2011, but it isn’t anywhere near as good as it has/can be.

It used to be a place people could have different views and talk about things, just doesn’t so much happen so much from what I see.

Maybe it’s just me, I’ve changed man and I used to be cool :(

11. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Nah just boring yawn yawn yawn says MOC

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  12. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

****ing hell. Who have I gone and upset now. I have kept a low profile of late and only said nice things (as hard as that has been).

PS I have never PM'd anyone in my life whatever that means.

PPS I will admit to hating Boris ****ing Johnson and by association anyone who thinks he is the bee's knees.

13. Negative Creep

You’re all good Godders, you may try to piss people off, but no one really takes notice.

We all love you too, which probably pisses you off even more :emoticon-0126-nerd:

thereisonlyoneno7 and Velcro Roy like this.
  14. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

It’s a fair question and if he wants to discuss let’s discuss it again.

I was more irritated by the lack of punctuation in the OP, got a headache reading it.

Its a difficult one, he shows potential to be a class manager and hasn’t been backed that strongly. But when you look at Pochettino and Koeman, they seemed to get a bit more out of average players.

Look how well JRod played under pochettino until his injury. And how Koeman got long playing?

Yes we don’t have VVD, Alderveirald or Tadic. But is the squad that much weaker?

I would say Ralph is a good PL manager, currently if I could have either instead I probably would.

15. Romsey_Saint

Romsey_Saint Well-Known Member

I am going to disagree with you slightly because this was an excellent site for the first few years, mainly because we came across from 606 that was utterly terrible and we all wanted something more meaningful, but certainly in the past 4-5 years it has become progressively more hostile and a there is a clique on here now that will target individuals who express views not aligned with there own.

16. Romsey_Saint

Romsey_Saint Well-Known Member

Good post. MP was also an excellant tactician and although RK was not in the same class in that respect, l also think he was better than RH. The latter seems to struggle to adapt when the opposition adjust their tactics at half time.

17. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Try not to feel intimidated Craig! I feel a breadth of views is allowed. as long as it is backed up in an intelligent manner. As for questioning the manager, why not?

18. Shandy_top_89

Shandy_top_89 Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I always felt RK was better tactically than MP.

MP had a cracking plan A and had the players in mega fit condition to press (as well as creating a great team atmosphere at the club), but he couldn't adjust if he needed to. You always knew how a game would go within the first 10 minutes and nothing was going to change it.

RK was more effective at switching the formation up and making positive substitutions. I remember him pulling that bait and switch with the formation on an admittedly **** Villa under Sherwood, then steamrolling them.

19. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

I think we can question how long to give him if we start crap for the first 10-15 games again tbf.

This season he had earned leeway. Maybe not enough to carry into next Jan.

However, who could we replace him with? I can't see any viable alternative, that would work in the budget restraints.

20. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Ralph is a big upgrade on Pellegrino and Hughes and I think it is almost certain that any new manager will not improve us and will more likely turn us into strugglers. That is not to say that Ralph has a free pass indefinitely and if we are languishing in the bottom 3 by Xmas then it will be time to part ways. I honestly think that the first half season Saints is nearer the true one and am hopeful for a similar start to last season as long as we sort the fullback dilemma and can keep all of our key players.